Sugar Cane As Fertilizer

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
does anyone have any expertise in the subject of sugarcane breaking down in a soil mix? Very little info on the Subject. I’ve acquired a pallet of raw USDA sugar cane and would like to use it this summer if it is beneficial to microbes in the soil for my garden.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

does anyone have any expertise in the subject of sugarcane breaking down in a soil mix? Very little info on the Subject. I’ve acquired a pallet of raw USDA sugar cane and would like to use it this summer if it is beneficial to microbes in the soil for my garden.
press the syrup out of it,mollases,then cut stalks into a comfortable size to run under your lawn mower and mulch it,add some bacteria and let it roll,that being green,add equal amount of browns,leaves,straw and such,wet it down go out and stir once a week for first 3 weeks,keep moist not drenched add some Em1 in two months it be ready for compost

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
press the syrup out of it,mollases,then cut stalks into a comfortable size to run under your lawn mower and mulch it,add some bacteria and let it roll,that being green,add equal amount of browns,leaves,straw and such,wet it down go out and stir once a week for first 3 weeks,keep moist not drenched add some Em1 in two months it be ready for compost
I should have been more clear. It’s food grade baged sugarcane in granular form.
68DD07E9 A554 40DB 962E B8FCE8FFBFE2

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
First you’re gonna have germinate it and grow it out into a field of sugar cane. Then do what oldskool said, ha! Kidding.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

First you need some cracked corn and some bakers yeast. While that's working you need a empty keg, some copper pipe, a tri-clamp, and...:D

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Any sort of sugar boost to soil is only relevant if you are trying to kick start microbes to break down organic nitrogen compounds. Even then, you only need a little, once.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Any sort of sugar boost to soil is only relevant if you are trying to kick start microbes to break down organic nitrogen compounds. Even then, you only need a little, once.
I’m talking a wider scale. Hemp farm this summer amending into 1-1/4 acre will it be beneficial for the plants to utilize this? They are going in ground not pots.
BDE2A518 440E 4502 958A 3533A3C4F8A7

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
This is basically cane sugar right?

It looks like white granular sugar.

There will be trace minerals in there so its not completely useless. It’ll feed the microbes also. But other than that i don’t think it’ll provide much. I’d just water with it couple of times thru the grow. It’d be your carbo load.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is basically cane sugar right?

It looks like white granular sugar.

There will be trace minerals in there so its not completely useless. It’ll feed the microbes also. But other than that i don’t think it’ll provide much. I’d just water with it couple of times thru the grow. It’d be your carbo load.
Yes, raw cane sugar not white though.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yes, raw cane sugar not white though.

Yeah the degree of its brown hue means, it has some “molasses” in it. Like brown sugar. As it gets white the molasses goes down and pure sucrose goes up.

Anyway, carbohydrates are carbohydrates, you just will not get the potassium and trace mineral boost of molasses but i’m sure you have a fertilizing plan already.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah the degree of its brown hue means, it has some “molasses” in it. Like brown sugar. As it gets white the molasses goes down and pure sucrose goes up.

Anyway, carbohydrates are carbohydrates, you just will not get the potassium and trace mineral boost of molasses but i’m sure you have a fertilizing plan already.
In the works:). I was hoping I could utilize this in some manor. I’ve got 54- 60 pound bags= 3240 pounds of sugar and I ain’t gona be able to consume it all!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
In the works:). I was hoping I could utilize this in some manor. I’ve got 54- 60 pound bags= 3240 pounds of sugar and I ain’t gona be able to consume it all!

Now thats sweet. :p

You know what i’d do man.

Go get all the fish guts, heads, bones and any other part you can get, even whole fish, and get a couple of big drums. A layer of sugar, a layer of fish, a layer of sugar, a layer of fish... fill it. Let it ferment. Don’t forget the airlock. Boom you got fish fertilzer.

Use this technique with any material you want. If the starting material is dry add moisture too. You will have a nute line up of your own.

Best way to utilize all that sugar that i can come up with.

Top Bottom