Sugars Carbs and Molasses for Frosty Buds

• Thread starter darkpink
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haze1son

Ive got 5 on it. Only 499995 to go. If we take up a collection we can get this experiment started. There are so many questions to answer.

squiggly

squiggly

I spose you could pull it with just a GC-MS for some molecules, but others probably not. And without NMR any paper wouldn't be publishable (and you'd need a Hi-Res GC-MS also, cost of that machine is prohibitively expensive--most scientists send samples out to have them run).

I DID find a used NMR on labx going for cheap--but based on the price I'm guessing the thing's software is mega old and non-user friendly.

These days running an NMR is as easy as playing a videogame, but there was a time not too long ago where it took a very advanced degree and a lifetime of practice to get proper results--thinking this is probably one of those machines :)

Other problem is where are we gonna keep this thing that it doesn't erase our credit cards and destroy our phones? lol (it utilizes a superconducting magnet cooled by liquid nitrogen)

Not to mention, if even the slightest little imperfection occurs and some moisture makes it in and hits the magnet--even a single droplet--and the whole thing will shit liquid nitrogen all over the room and anyone in it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey! I have a friend with his own mass spectrometer (ok, so he's the guy running the lab, doesn't "own" it, but I do believe that baby is his). Does it have to include GC capabilities?

Sometimes, people just ain't pickin' up what I'm puttin' down, ya know? ;)

squiggly

squiggly

It'd help a lot. Hard to know what you've got when you're throwing everything and the sink in there. Now on to the radio tagging of the molecules...

Latest posts

Top Bottom