Suggestions anyone.... Plants look like death!

• Thread starter shakey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shakey

IMG_03201.JPG
IMG_03191.JPG
IMG_03211.JPG
IMG_03191.JPG

Just like the title says the plants look horrible in my UC I have been battling a lack of humidity for two weeks. Last week I saw a nitrogen deficiency so I changed out the system and raised the ppms. I'm useing tap water and Dutch master gold. I also added magical, and zone. Open to all advice/comments

Week 1
Ec- .9
Ph- 6.1

Week 2
Ex- 1.1
Ph-5.9

Also how often do you re add zone?

MEGA956

MEGA956

//It might be the tap water.. are you using cal.mag?
Also, what's your ppm now? Instead of raising your ppm
I think you should lower it.

S

shakey

thanks for replying MEGA956 my EC is 1.0 PH 6.0i added magical at 1ML. per gallon I was thinking about dropping the ec lower.. clearly im learing the system.. FML

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Excuse my ignorance, but is 1.0ec the same as 1000ppm?
If it is then your overfeeding. You should start like at 450-550ppm
It all depends on the strain you have.

hiboy

hiboy

not a uc grower but from what i know ur ppms should be super low, especially with the curl i see in your leaves. low meaning 300 using ro water. Humidity super huge for small girls..also what is ur light source? Looks hps tint.
If u can afford the uc u can afford a 50 dolla humidifier. saves ur life g
h

MEGA956

MEGA956

// Checked a conversion chart and said that 1ec is 700ppm.
I know that raising ppm wont help.

S

shakey

My ppms are higher do to tap water my tap water is 200 ppm, I had a 50 dollar humidifier but it didn't keep up, so I bought a 75.00 whole house humidifier it's working

My roots are in the water

S

shakey

Mega956 there's a 500 or 700 multiplier. That's what made me switch to EC I don't like the confusion of ppm

MEGA956

MEGA956

// You might need some hard water nutrients, cuz your using
Tap water. There's a UC forum here that I'm sure will help you.

H

hogan400

shakey I am new to u.c and having a sharp learning curve with issues myself. I would hate to see my advice fuck you up man. here is what I do know, you may already as well....

keep ur humidity up at 50 or even higher if you can, at least during veg. This is for VEG in any environment or style.

If any of the guys here recommend something make sure they have a few nice healthy u.c. grows here. Keep in mind what works for one may not work for you but can be used as a guide or tool.

Your tap water ppm is fair. Problem is ya really dont know what the 200ppm in it is...
get a carbon filter/tall boy/r.o. Again this is good for any grower.

I think you should lower your ppm's til ur plants start to show new healthy growth. def ask others with good success. You cant fix the damaged leaves but all new growth will be nice.

The zone question you asked is tricky as they have a standard and aggressive strength.
only once a week. At this point I wouldnt add anything else. Just reduce ur nute strength to start. let topoff water sit 24hrs before use if its city agua man!

K

kes5480

are u letting ur tap water sit for a day or 2 before using it or adding nutes to it? if not u should when using tap water. just a bit of info if u didnt already kno that. keep us posted bro.
peace
keS

S

shakey

thanks for looking hogan400 i agree about the water, im going to look at RO filters i have to go to the lgs this week. ill crank up the humidifer thinking about doing a partial change to the system too

S

shakey

are u letting ur tap water sit for a day or 2 before using it or adding nutes to it? if not u should when using tap water. just a bit of info if u didnt already kno that. keep us posted bro.
peace
keS

i let add backs sit, but full changeouts i dont let the water sit a day. this system holds 130 gallons i only have a 100 gal tank i mix in.

rollon

rollon

hey shakey never talked about ur starting material.healthy cuts are a must in uc, could just be an early mag def in the clone followed by a overfertilization later on thinking u needed more nitrogen. just my guess, good luck.

S

shakey

My cuts are good but root bound I had a problem that cch2o had to send a replacement part for, they looked good when I first put them in the system. Then as the roots took off is when they started looking bad.

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

I had the same prob with very healthy teens. Put them in and after a couple days looked like shit lowered my ppm and let it ride still looked like shit was told to lower it more but at this point I was around 230ppm with using 0 ppm RO water. I added some calmag at 2ml per gal and they started to take off. Nutrients are DM gold with zone and silica. You really should spend the cash on an RO system or atleast a couple filters. Btw this is my first UC run... You can call under current for help with any questions they are really cool. Good luck man.

Top Bottom