Suggestions before switching for 2nd grow

• Thread starter Greenieskeeprunning
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenieskeeprunning

Greenieskeeprunning

Hello everyone!!

Looking for a little help.

I have 7 females I think are looking great! This is my second grow but bigger than my first and with MH/HPS 1000w. Can anyone provide advice on if I should be topping anymore or trimming up. All is super new to me and trying things as I go. These are all about 9 weeks into veg. I would like to switch them over but want to make sure I have a high yield in the end for this bubble gum strain. Some seems to be a little bit behind the others in height and growth. They were all planted the same time. As you can see in the photos below I have the next cycle starting up. 😃

Appriciate any help you can give a newbie.

Suggestions before switching for 2nd grow
Suggestions before switching for 2nd grow 2
Suggestions before switching for 2nd grow 3
Suggestions before switching for 2nd grow 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
plants look great!,
if anything maybe try? to bend and tie down the tallest branches to try and get even canopy, or keep the tall plants the farthest away from the lights..
i grow with 1000w MH&HPS too if you have any issues..

Greenieskeeprunning

Greenieskeeprunning

plants look great!,
if anything maybe try? to bend and tie down the tallest branches to try and get even canopy, or keep the tall plants the farthest away from the lights..
i grow with 1000w MH&HPS too if you have any issues..

Thank you @GNick55. I’ll trying maybe putting a trellis or tying down the bigger branches.

Greenieskeeprunning

Greenieskeeprunning

Flip now. For best relative yield, most plants should veg 4-5 weeks.

@growsince79 even with the smaller plants not at the same height I should switch it over?This was a big reason I haven’t switched yet as I was hoping to get the smaller ones caught up.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

They look good in veg if you top or train them you need to give them a week or two to grow. They are perfect for veg. Id say to late to top them. Top then 2 weeks into veg. When you flip them to flower they will grow 21 days so you have one last chance to make changes.

uphere

uphere

They look great. Nice work. I like to clean the bottom 1/3 of the plant up before flipping. Lets you get some air flow and saves the plants from wasting energy on shwack buds. Basicly, any leaf covered by a higher leaf should go. The bottom 3rd should be naked. Great work. Happy growing. Flip those ladies.

growsince79

growsince79

They look great. Nice work. I like to clean the bottom 1/3 of the plant up before flipping. Lets you get some air flow and saves the plants from wasting energy on shwack buds. Basicly, any leaf covered by a higher leaf should go. The bottom 3rd should be naked. Great work. Happy growing. Flip those ladies.
I agree you should clean up the bottom. But if you cut every leaf covered by another leaf you end up with 4 leaves. And contrary to the plagiarized and regurgitated internet fake news cannabis info, fan leaves that are removed don't grow back. They are gone fore ever. Other smaller sugar leaves will grow but not the big fans. IMO the best buds are the ones partly shaded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom