suggestions on a good dehumidifier

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I looking to purchase a dehumidifier for a 15x24x 12ft ceiling 10 lighter.
Also ive never used a dehuy, so if u have suggestions on how to operate it or things i should look out for, id greatly appreciate it.

thnx
confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Either a santa fe, phoenix, or drieaz are all good options. Nothing from big box stores. For 10kw id look for anything rated 140 pints or more to bee on the safe side

ty sir!
confu

pdxfire

pdxfire

why doesn't somebody make 240v dehumidifiers? also, the 70pint deals from home depot work just fine for me and they only cost about 250. just grab a couple of em. oh and how to operate it - figure a way to set it on an auto drain. using a sump pump and a bucket and a garden hose to a drain - or whatever it takes. emptying out those reservoirs twice a day gets old super fast.

SunGrown

SunGrown

why doesn't somebody make 240v dehumidifiers? also, the 70pint deals from home depot work just fine for me and they only cost about 250. just grab a couple of em. oh and how to operate it - figure a way to set it on an auto drain. using a sump pump and a bucket and a garden hose to a drain - or whatever it takes. emptying out those reservoirs twice a day gets old super fast.
I agree, the HD ones work fine

and for any dehuey if you run a hose thru the floor, no bucket to ever empty

pdxfire

pdxfire

I agree, the HD ones work fine

and for any dehuey if you run a hose thru the floor, no bucket to ever empty
agreed. i only meant if you find yourself in a basement that doesn't have floor drains you might need to rig something to get the water out.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I use a santa fe compact but you probably need at least a classic size in that room.Santa fe's seem a little more energy efficient than the rest,no way id throw it down the stairs like they did with that drieaz tex posted though!

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

In run the Quest 155.. Works like a champ!!!same as the Santa Fe more or less

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

the HD/kenmore 70 pint one is fine for 4 lights
the santa fe dual xt costs 5 times as much but uses the same electricity as the HD unit and is good for 8+ lights
both are about 7 amps at 120 volt
long term vs short term is the question

fwiw

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Quest dehumidifiers (same manufacturer as Santa Fe, ThermaStor) are the most energy efficient and powerful in the world, and made in Usa. Their Dual 205 is 205 pints/day and is wired for 240. I rock their dual 155 myself.
That dual 105 though is what's up. Only draws 5 amps. iMessage using shitty deputies now but I'll be loading up on those quests eventually.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Quest. Hit me up if you want to add that in... We have them ALL in stock. Their new model the 110 dual over head is the shit. Overhead is the only way to go..

With those measurements you would think the 105 rated at 2500 sq ft. would suite you but the amount of humidity those coco beds puts out is insane. I think the Quest 155 is your best bet.

Top Bottom