suggestions on a good dehumidifier

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pdxfire

pdxfire

thanks everybody. learned a lot here and now i have some purchases to make.

pdxfire

pdxfire

these quest look awesome. looks like the 105 is the most energy efficient. on the 205 spec sheet i'm not seeing an option for 240v wiring. what am i missing?

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Another point...

ThermaStor manufactures Quest and Santa Fe and many others BUT... Quest is specific for our industry which means they will honor a warranty from somone using these in "harsh conditions"...Santa Fe will not.

DeRon1

DeRon1

That Bitch is badass but costly I'm a Broke ass farmer...lol. another ?. My buds all smelled gr8 b4 i chopped them down but now the smell like just a regular plant chopped. I'm drying on my 2nd day for some. when will they start smelling good again? My 1st time in dry mode

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Here is another good option,less expensive if your on a budget,
http://www.sylvane.com/dri-eaz-phd-200-dehumidifier.html
Another farmer posted up about this one so i called dri eaz and talked to sales about it,this is what he recommended for our use with the only difference being this is NOT an LGR unit like TK posted which the sales guy said we do not need.Apparently LGRs pull deeper to a lower humidity and at lower temps,they are more for drying out carpets/water damage restoration where you are trying to remove every single drop of moisture you can get.I cant find anything that says santa fe,quest,etc are LGR units but they cost like one,1/3 to 1/2 more expensive.According to dri eaz LGRs are more efficient but at a price.
Also the above unit like the one TK suggested has a built in condensate pump/hose so no buying extra stuff to make it work,plug and play,not to mention that bulletproof case.
dri-eaz-phd200-main.png

Billyboat

Billyboat

With those units at only 75-80 pints per day and the quest 205 being almost 2.5 times the pints per day are they even in the same category?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

With those units at only 75-80 pints per day and the quest 205 being almost 2.5 times the pints per day are they even in the same category?

No but they are 2 very different sized units so its not a fair comparison billy,this unit would equate closer to the quest 105 with the quest being a little more efficient but at DOUBLE the price.You could buy 3 of these units at basically the same cost of a quest 205.Not knocking the quest in anyway,i use the santa fe myself.

pdxfire

pdxfire

efficiency is the target:

also, i paid $1800 for a quest 155 the other day. so you might be paying more like 1500 to 1600 on the 105.

if you want a cheap bandaid, i'd grab one of those home depot 70 deals for about $320. otherwise, i recommend quest.

Billyboat

Billyboat

No but they are 2 very different sized units so its not a fair comparison billy,this unit would equate closer to the quest 105 with the quest being a little more efficient but at DOUBLE the price.You could buy 3 of these units at basically the same cost of a quest 205.Not knocking the quest in anyway,i use the santa fe myself.

Ok thats what I was thinking, I just bought 8 quest 205's and after dropping that kinda coin, I was worried for a second...

Beds are killing me on the Dehuy aspect of things...

Cheers

Top Bottom