Sulfer Burner & Exhaust Question - Please Help

• Thread starter eyeswideopen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eyeswideopen

I'm about to use a sulfur burner for the first time. I have it on a timer to come on for 3 hours at lights out. Then I set my exhaust fans to kick back on two hours after the burner shuts down. My exhaust is directed into a different area of my house though, not outside or in an attic. After the burner shuts off and the sulfur settles for a couple hours is this safe? Should I let it settle longer? Or do I need to mess with my exhaust for the nights when this thing burns? I read it's toxic, so at what point is it okay to exhaust with my current set-up?

Also I read another really old thread to turn off oscillating fans, but others have said to keep them on and mix it up - can anyone speak to this?

Lastly, can anyone tell me how much sulfur to add to the cup as a measurement, not just "fill it up half way" or "fill it up an inch."

Thanks

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Who cut the CO2? Pull my finger

Depending on your room size and the quality of the burner you shouldn't need to run it for 3 hrs.

10x10 should be between 15- 30 min. nightly. You can exhaust anywhere from immediately after finishing the burn to an hour or so.

I'd seriously consider rerouting your exhaust directly outside if you're burning sulfur though. If you are forced to exhaust into your house you should wait 2 hrs. min IMO.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use an electric skillet in a room 20 x 20 with about 3 -4 tbs. Your house will smell like hell if you exhaust it into your house. Your plants are really transpiring at 2 hrs after lights off.You did not say if you are in flower. In veg not that important because there is not a lot of veg material. I burn first about 1/2 way thru veg. I then burn 2 weeks into flower twice. I skip a day between burns. I run my fans to mix it up. I seal my door with the blue painters tape.In flower I wait until 4 hrs past burn for 4.exhaust room 1 hr before lights on. Suerte JK
Edit: I just wanted to say I run my fans because with out it the way my room is I would not get an even coverage.

E

eyeswideopen

Thanks for the info. I'm running it in flower to deal with a PM problem. If my room exhausts through a carbon filter first should that help? I would think so, but not sure, guess I'll find out in the morning. A little bit is leaking somewhere and that stuff is nasty, sure hope the whole house doesn't smell like that in a couple hours.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would not run that crap thru your scrubber. JK
How far into flower?

I

Inuit

Set up a dedicated exhaust vent outside, that you only use when you use the burner.

I dump my AC hoods heat outside, so I just disconnected the intake portion, and allowed it to vent out through the hoods, about an hour or two after the burner turns off.

I've read that you want to keep the sulfur burner cup from running dry, as the scorching aluminum gives off some nasties and will mess you up quick. It uses a surprisingly small amount of sulfur each burn too, btw. I've done probably 4, 4-6 hr burns and still have most of the 1/2 cup I started with.

Be safe and hth

I

Top Bottom