sulfer burners

• Thread starter bannana man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bannana man

how long do you run your sulfer burners ,,,and do you run them once in full flower ,,thinking of getting one

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
I run mine for three hours at a time once before flower once a couple weeks later mabey for an hour every now and then. Run it when lights off and never for long periods during heavy flowering.

T

Tolpan

Hey Bannana man! Happy new year!
I already bought one! I'm at day 18 now and will run it in the next days! I heard it's ok to use it until 2 or 3 weeks before harvest and only when it's dark! I will run it 15 minutes an hour through the dark period.

But it's my first try, so I have to ask some experts. I know that Subcool uses sulfur burners and for sure some others here!

Greets

Tolpan

Greyskull

Greyskull

Hard to find info on, huh?

Check it out, I spoke with a very skilled and acclaimed grower regarding the use of the burner (the nuke) because I was sick of spraying.... long story short 2-3 tablespoons in the cup, set so the cup is just over/not touching the burner, 2-4hrs. LIGHTS OFF. Turn your fans & exhaust off, also.... if it s a light breakout the one time may fix it... if its a little bit more aggressive then a few times a week for a few weeks should slow/stop it.

^^^Thats's what I have been doing when I use the burner. Works great!^^^

I've run a sulpher burner thru week 4 of flower previously... no issues with taste or anything like that. I would know because i would hear about it (aka would have had to give some cheddar back or do some explaining to dance around it). BTW I have used NEEM up to 5 days before harvest and there were no residual effects (granted I did spray them off with water for 2 days before the chop...). I am sure you can burn sulpher (very lightly... like 2 tbs for 2hrs tops) up thru the last week and have nothing to worry about. At worst you hit the with a good splash of water a day or two before chop.

Hope this helps you

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Sulfur Burners = Sulfur Hash

If you are using Sulfur Burners in your grow room and you make Water Hash with your trim you will end up with Sulfur tasting Hash.

I would not use them, unless you have no other option.

Aqua Lab Tech

S

Sizzla

And just another heads up when using sulfer burners if you are using a aquarium air pump for aeration in your rez and you rez in inside you room make sure you turn the air pump off while the burner is on. The air pump will suck sulpher and mix and cause crazy PH swings in your rez. Just a head up

O

ograskal

I would only use a sulpher burner in the veg stage or up to two weeks into flower at the latest...Are you using it for preventative or do you have a PM outbreak???..Havent ran a sulpher burner in years..Havent had a need to Thank God!...~ogr

B

bannana man

there is pm in one place at the moment ,,the other place is clean i dont want to get it there ,there 4 weeks in and i noticed one spot just trying to start i check all over just 2 tiny little patches which could just about be seen so i no its really young and the temps are keeping it from sprouting ..

F

Finalopagus

If you are using Sulfur Burners in your grow room and you make Water Hash with your trim you will end up with Sulfur tasting Hash.

I would not use them, unless you have no other option.

Aqua Lab Tech

yummmy

G

Going4Green

Good info on here!!

Was wondering what kind of saftey has to be taken when running a Sulpher burner. Should all the electrical be off fans, ac, dehumidifier? Will a spark in the room with the sulpher cause a fire? Just don't want to worry about it so trying to get my head clear of all that what ifs and shit like that.

I was going to run my burner once a week just to prevent PM from coming but after reading and if I'm reading right hahaha its not really recommended unless theres a PM break out. Is that right ?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Good info on here!!

Was wondering what kind of saftey has to be taken when running a Sulpher burner. Should all the electrical be off fans, ac, dehumidifier? Will a spark in the room with the sulpher cause a fire? Just don't want to worry about it so trying to get my head clear of all that what ifs and shit like that.

I was going to run my burner once a week just to prevent PM from coming but after reading and if I'm reading right hahaha its not really recommended unless theres a PM break out. Is that right ?

I turn every thing off when I use a sulfur burner. I do not believe a spark will ignite the sulfur, but better safe than sorry. Turning the fans off will keep the sulfur in the room and even dispersed. I run it for an hour with all gear off, and that seems to work.

You may need to run it a second time a few days later, but I would not use it as a preventative. To me it is really meant to control serious outbreaks. If you are looking for a preventative I would suggest neem oil, Einstein Oil is rated the best on the market and is 100% organic, or another spray. I have actually used a baking soda and water mixture (1 tbsp per gal) to keep PM under control. The baking soda brings the surface pH of the leaf to 7 making it much harder for the PM to take hold. There are other products on the market (look into grape seed oils) that will be effective for keepin PM under control.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

if you are looking for a preventative use a big dehumidifier on lights off. If the humidity never goes over 45 you will not get pm (unless you have inadequate circulation and the humidity is high in the dense foilage). Never buy a sulpher burner just make one for like $16 they work the same and if you are growing right you wont use it that often. Also neem in flower is a no no. You may not see residual effects but combusted neem oil is a tertiary carcinagen which is not something you want on your karma wheel. If needed you can use the sulphur burner up to week 5 but no later unless you like the taste of rotten eggs. I use mine with everything off except circulation fans, and be sure to get all the vapor out of your room before the lights come on as it is phytotoxic so it will poision plants when lights are on. For a cheap DIY search Pirates DIY Sulpher burner. good luck and happy growing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom