Sulfur and Resin Glands

• Thread starter doco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doco

A couple of weeks ago I noticed some spots of PM on my plants. Having had a nightmare with pm on my last SourBubble grow, I wanted to address it quickly so I got some powered sulfur and followed instructions - 2 tsp per gallon of water as a foliar. I sprayed at lights out and sprayed again 3 days later.

Now the pm is gone but now - I know it sounds strange - I dont think my buds are as sticky icky or aromatic as they were before? Does sulfur affect resin glands in a negative way???

R

Rolln J

yeah sulfur tastes like crap - you should never spray that on budding plants

J

Jalisco Kid

Sulfur is a macro nute and is used to bring out color and flavor. I use 4% in my foliar sprays for just that. For pm I burn sulfur at 10-14 days into flowering as part of a maintenance program. It seems to work. Burning sulfur after 4 weeks in a 10 week strain you can almost taste it. JK

pokey

pokey

jalisco is right dont intro sulfer late in budding, but sulfer doesnt take away smell or flavor its a nute itself

D

doco

Ok, plants have been harvested and the buds themselves dont taste of sulfur - however, the bubblehash I made from the trim tastes like smoking matches!! Yuck!! I dont even know if I can salvage it with iso or bho. Its goin in the trash.

Now, I used powered sulfur as a foliar spray so vaporizing with a burner may be different - still, I should have sprayed my plants with plain water before harvesting to get the powder off. One more lesson learned....

B

brookstown

Now, I used powered sulfur as a foliar spray so vaporizing with a burner may be different - still, I should have sprayed my plants with plain water before harvesting to get the powder off. One more lesson learned....[/QUOTE]

Kinda of a catch 22. Spraying helps clean the bud of powder, but it also adds to moisture which promotes PM. so....

Top Bottom