• Thread starter ALLegal420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Sulfur burn for powdery mildew questions

Alright, so got a little powdery mildew issue and the foliar sprays aren't quite taking care of the problem so purchased a sulfur burner...

Room description-
-18' x 18' x 9' room (plants are maybe in a 13'x13 space in the center)
-In last couple days of veg.
-76 degrees lights off with roughly 40% humidity (can't get lower and have 100pints worth of dehumidifying...)

Questions-
-Spray plants with water first or leave dry?
-How much should I fill the burner container with the pellets?
-How long should I burn? (thinking 45mins)
-Should I let room sit for about 4 hours or so before evacuating the room before lights on?

Any other tips appreciated!

Thanks,
-ALLegal420

I

ibTheMan

all fans off, leave the leafs dry, put about 3 1/2 tbls in the cup, burn for about 5 hours, best right after the lights go out.
after burn wait about an hour then just turn on filters and fans back on.

sticky icky

sticky icky

What up...cut yourself 2 circle shaped pieces of aluminum foil to cover the inside of your cup(makes it easy to toss in the trash when it hardens up),I use 4 to 5 tblsp or fill to just under to half way set your burner on a timer (or manually)for 4-5 hours on as soon as your dark period begins, shut off fans and let it rock then repeat for 4 -5 days and repeat the process weekly,some people like to alternate days that u burn depending on how bad of an issue,hope that help bro later!

sticky icky

sticky icky

Haha we musta been postin at the same time lol........sincerely bags!......

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the quick reply guys, really appreciate it!!!

-ALLegal420

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
The instructions say to put the cup all the way down on the burner... That how you guys rock it?

I

ibTheMan

all the way down, dont forget to double line your cup with tinfoil.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Alright cool...

The only thing left on is the dehumidifiers... That ok? We shut the wall a/c's down.

-ALLegal420

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually turned everything off...

-ALLegal420

N

naga

i like to do a couple of burns a few days apart.plug the burner into a timer,so it shuts of in 3 hours.i dont have to walk into a room with full of gas.even tape up my doors to lessen the gas escape(shit smells).i make sure to turn vent fans off.turn them back on before lights on.

only burn in veg and two weeks into flower.

put my burn cup in plastic bag,then the freezer over night.frozen sulfer pops right out.no mess.

make sure you dont use neem or azamax for three days before and after a burn.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I never asked anybody when I bought it 2 years ago and never read a thread until now.

I run mine all night long in veg and the same in flower, until flowers set. Its not on a timer. Many times it has run into the light cycle.

I will cut it off for a day or so every couple of days when my girl starts complaining about the funk.

The only burn I ever got was when I got it too full and it burped yellow shit on some leaves...shit I didnt even know it WOULD burn them.

I never turned a fan off because I wanted it getting blown everywhere my air goes...as would any offensive spores.

I spray a neem/organicide ( 1oz each/gal) mix up until flower set...no burn.

Fuck...no wonder I've never had mold issues.

FWIW....I have been a little worried about the effects of the bigazz humidifier and the sulfer....its starting to corrode different metal parts that its gathering heavily on.

Maybe I've been a little too heavy...but...I dont get mold. I dont know what PM looks like.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I never asked anybody when I bought it 2 years ago and never read a thread until now.

I run mine all night long in veg and the same in flower, until flowers set. Its not on a timer. Many times it has run into the light cycle.

I will cut it off for a day or so every couple of days when my girl starts complaining about the funk.

The only burn I ever got was when I got it too full and it burped yellow shit on some leaves...shit I didnt even know it WOULD burn them.

I never turned a fan off because I wanted it getting blown everywhere my air goes...as would any offensive spores.

I spray a neem/organicide ( 1oz each/gal) mix up until flower set...no burn.

Fuck...no wonder I've never had mold issues.

FWIW....I have been a little worried about the effects of the bigazz humidifier and the sulfer....its starting to corrode different metal parts that its gathering heavily on.

Maybe I've been a little too heavy...but...I dont get mold. I dont know what PM looks like.

sounds to me that you are very aggressive with the sulphur. i would only use it if you have a problem with powdery mildew. powdery mildew looks like powdered sugar dusted on the leaves. if you notice the "white dust" the infection has been in the plant for some time and the white stuff is the "bloom" of the mold and are spreading spores at that point.

sulphur burns as heavy as your will diminish the life of ALL your electronics. im mean everything. Plugs, Lights, Fans, A/C, anything that has circuts in it. So be careful. Sulphur gas can also be toxic to humans, im sure thats why we have unleaded gas these days. back when there was lead in the gas, sulphuric acid would be released in the atmosphere and create acid rain!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for all the info guys, we ended up running a max of 4 hours and some 2 hours. It's significantly better but still some on the lower leaves... Any recommendations? Day 26 of flower...

Thanks,
ALLegal420

B

Buddy Hemphill

monterey makes a 12% sulpher spray concentrate.

you could hit hot spots with a higher dose...esp lower fans that arent so crucial...see what your strain will take maybe?

pretty sure monterey...its one of the brands thats is all the grow stores.

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
I'll check into that, don't remember that being mentioned at any local stores when asked about PM, gonna check again. any special way to spray it... Day/night, how many times a week, how long into flower can I use it, dilute it more than recommended? Have you ran it, how'd it work?

-ALLegal420

B

Buddy Hemphill

Texas Kid posted a pic of the bottle.

Props to him for the word to begin with.

I was gonna use it in a room without a burner and just moved the burner instead.

I was intending on using it for maintenence, have never run it.

My bad...I went and looked at the bottle. SAFER brand. 12% sulpher

On diluting it...I would creep up to the point of burn and then back off a little. It would be easy to keep adding a little bit to the squirt jug and test a few pretty quick.

Dollar

Dollar

Been growing for over 20 years and have never had an issue until this new spot. Bad luck, I dont know, seems like many others have these problems often. So now at this new spot, I`ve had the trifecta. First spider mites then root aphids, now PM. First two are gone but now this PM. I dont know shit about burning sulfer and have relied on my partner to handle these recent burns. He`s outta the country and did`nt bother to train me so I looked up some threads and tried it today. Filled the cup to less than half with sulpher, hung the burner on top of room, turned off all fans, exhaust and interior, plugged it in and left. Is there supposed to be some smoke or something visable? I used coveralls and a mask to enter after 4 hours just to see anything and there was nothing. Someone on another thread mentioned that the smoke was to linger for hours, I did`nt see any smoke at all. The heating element on the burner was red hot. After venting the room for an hour, I checked the plants and the PM was still present on all leaves I noticed prior to burning. Is this normal? Is the PM supposed to disappear after the burn? Could use some help.

N

naga

my room fills with white gas during the burn.the sulfer in the cup should look like melted glass when finished(2-4 hours).

the burner i use is adjustable.my cup is only one inch from the burner.

your pm should stop from spreading after a few burns.but it wont disapear,just slowly die off.

Top Bottom