Sulfur Burned My Beautiful Babies

• Thread starter Stay here
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stay here

Stay here

So, I am a first time grower. All was going well until I noticed powdery mildew PM. I used half a cup of sulfur for 22x22 area (2 car garage). The plants are in their first week of flowering. I burned it for two hours. When the smoke had cleared this is what I saw. It broke my heart. Is there anything I can do to salvage my plants? Please help. Thank you.
P.S. The lights, fans, co2 burner were on at the time. Also I burned sulfur right after I watered the plants. Dumb I know but the guy whom I trusted to help me did not get into any of the prerequisites. He just told me to burn half a cup sulfur for 2 hours. I feel really discouraged right now. Please help

Sulfur burned my beautiful babies
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It looks like they'll grow back out of it. It also looks as though they had something on them (oil or other treatment of some sort?) on them prior to the burn.

Stay here

Stay here

I hope you are right and they will bounce back. Prior to burning sulfur, they all looked green and happy except some fan leaves had mildew. I did not have anything sprayed prior to that. I also make sure no leaves get wet when watering.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Were those plants closest to the burner? If so... I'm wondering about whether or not the burner was operating properly. I've only had to do a sulfur burn a couple of times, but I use it annually in my basement since it can stay so damp in there, I've found it goes a long way towards prevention.

Stay here

Stay here

Were those plants closest to the burner? If so... I'm wondering about whether or not the burner was operating properly. I've only had to do a sulfur burn a couple of times, but I use it annually in my basement since it can stay so damp in there, I've found it goes a long way towards prevention.
The burner is visible in the top photo. It is yellow color. It hangs above the plants.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Unfortunately, yes. All 9 of them at 1000w. At this point I'd like to know if I can somehow bring them back or I need to throw them out and start again. Thanks.
Never do that again that's why they are burnt .
I would turn off half the lights or turn them down if your lights are adjustable. There gonna need some time to come back. Are you still in veg?

Stay here

Stay here

Never do that again that's why they are burnt .
I would turn off half the lights or turn them down if your lights are adjustable. There gonna need some time to come back. Are you still in veg?
Unfortunately no. This was my first week of flowering and all the heads have started to develop little buds. I wonder if I were to cut the yellow tops they would be regenerated. Thanks.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Unfortunately no. This was my first week of flowering and all the heads have started to develop little buds. I wonder if I were to cut the yellow tops they would be regenerated. Thanks.
Ah fuck! Cutting the tops off in flower will cause a huge amount of stress. So if you decide to do that I would put them back to veg.but then you risk them out growing their pots. It's really a lose lose situation.
Who told you to burn sulfer in veg anyway? Most growers use the burner later in flower when the other options will affect the taste of the bud. Sulfer doesn't kill pm just slows the spread of the pathogen.
Regardless even if this mishap didn't happen your plants would be covered in pm by the end of flower if you already had fruiting bodies this early.
How many grows have you done before this one?

Stay here

Stay here

Ah fuck! Cutting the tops off in flower will cause a huge amount of stress. So if you decide to do that I would put them back to veg.but then you risk them out growing their pots. It's really a lose lose situation.
Who told you to burn sulfer in veg anyway? Most growers use the burner later in flower when the other options will affect the taste of the bud. Sulfer doesn't kill pm just slows the spread of the pathogen.
Regardless even if this mishap didn't happen your plants would be covered in pm by the end of flower if you already had fruiting bodies this early.
How many grows have you done before this one?
None, this is my first grow. I am completely new to this but really passionate about it and enjoy doing it. As a first time grower I have been relying on someone who is supposed to be experienced, etc. but not any more. I rather rely on myself through research, etc.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
None, this is my first grow. I am completely new to this but really passionate about it and enjoy doing it. As a first time grower I have been relying on someone who is supposed to be experienced, etc. but not any more. I rather rely on myself through research, etc.
A 9 1000watt bloom room is a mighty big challenge for anyone on there first grow. If your finances and ability to get new clones are good I would just start over to be honest.

Stay here

Stay here

I have been really enjoying the whole process so far and will continue to enjoy. To me that's the main thing that counts. The rest will somehow work out. It has been really challenging at times. There have been plenty of problems but they all came with a solution. However, the solutions are not always to our liking. I am sure there is a solution to this one too. I'll wait for two weeks and monitor them. If I see new growth I'll keep them but if it starts to get worse, I will remove everything and start with new clones which I had made two weeks ago. At least I can count this as a valuable lesson and experience. Thank you guys for your support. I will post their progress as I see them.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thank God I made it...
Anyway, 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar per quart of water(8 tsp or40ml/gal)
Shake well and spray the whole plant, the acidity of the vinegar will not allow the mold to grow and it wont harm your plants. I suggest that you let them completly recover or save this tech for if you ever see pm again.

Hate Life

Hate Life

I'll wait for two weeks and monitor them. If I see new growth I'll keep them but if it starts to get worse, I will remove everything and start with new clones which I had made two weeks ago. At least I can count this as a valuable lesson and experience. Thank you guys for your support. I will post their progress as I see them.

You have it covered my friend. This is exactly what I would do, we have pretty much identical conditions. The plant's don't look that bad to me, yes that one spot is bad and wont regrow, but nothing else in this room looks to me as if it is can't be salvaged. And since you have already treated them with the sulfer you may be a step ahead, because cuttings from the same plants, are sure to perform the same, and probably have the pm problems again in the same conditions.

A nice trick for future reference, is to start you own plants from seed and find a nice phenotype to make cuttings from, this can be fun for sure, and the genetics from seed will be fresh and have a higher resistance to pm.

This is different from getting cutting of cuttings, that have been in this room, and that room, and this backyard etc.

Failed grow after failed grow due to pm, I was wondering if I was being sabotaged (or sabotaging myself) by buying cuttings.
I was right.

Never had pm again.

3 years clean, never going to relapse.

Ps. 0 reason to be discouraged.

Top Bottom