Sulfur Burners?

• Thread starter Rubbertoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I believe they cost about 110 bucks. If you do not have enough funtickets you can get an electric skillet with a t-stat for a few bucks at a second hand store. JK

E

Elite Nugs

I believe they cost about 110 bucks. If you do not have enough funtickets you can get an electric skillet with a t-stat for a few bucks at a second hand store. JK

I did that before. Lol.

Or you can make one out of coffee cans and a light bulb.

My real sulfur burner cost $135.

E

Elite Nugs

Where you guys getting the Sulfur? I was told a little while back (March)that the EPA banned its sales. Any info?

Yes... it is banned. Hydrofarm took it off of their website and out of their catalog. You just have to find a hydro store that likes to bend and break the rules. They'll find a way to get it in their stores.

I just bought some last week. I actually bought 3 containers of it, just in case I couldnt get it anymore.

E

Elite Nugs

Jalisco Kid..... I run beneficial insects in my grow. I just started doing this. Im wondering if the sulfur will kill my ladybugs??

If so... its not a big deal. I'll just have to do some sweeping, once they all hit the floor and get some new ones in there. Im about to do a burn in a few days before I go into flowering. I dont have any PM or anything else. Its just a preventative. But Im wondering about my ladybugs.

E

Elite Nugs

Well.... I'll be able to answer my own question by tomorrow. We'll see if sulfur kills lady bugs.

J

Jalisco Kid

Well.... I'll be able to answer my own question by tomorrow. We'll see if sulfur kills lady bugs.

Sorry but I am down at my home for a bit. I know it will not slow down fungus gnats. Your lady bugs are bigger but can not get into the medium, if I were to guess I would think more then 80% will survive. Let us know how it turns out. JK

T

TheIronLung317

I think that the spores of PM are always in the air we breathe. They become evident when you provide them with the adequate environment to flourish and reproduce. If you want to avoid pm keep your temps high and your humidity low. I noticed cold temps and high humidity especially during the night cycle will get on to come on hard. I like to burn sulfur once a week for up to 3 or so hours maybe more if you like, all the way up to week 6 if needed.

I don't think that plants carry it within themselves, its more like some plants are more prone to PM than others based on their genetic makeup. For example; many of our favorite indica strains like the kushes are very susceptible to Pm because of the fact that high humidity and cold temps don't seem as a prevalent environment in the mountainous places like hindu and afgani regions. Look at the tropical sativas from thailand and south america. They thrive in very humid and hot warmer temperatures. They don't suffer from pm as much.

I have run a room with indicas and some sativas and sativa doms at the same time. My bubbas and afgoos were getting Pm while my Chiesel being sativa dom for a hybrid didn't get a spec of PM.

I like to also use other things like green cure to prevent an outbreak. For me the spores are always in the air we just need to control them.

E

Elite Nugs

I think that the spores of PM are always in the air we breathe.

Maybe... if you live by a fungus factory.

The only time I've gotten PM, is when I get a dirty clone from someone. I've ran my room cold and dry, cold and wet, hot and dry, hot and wet... and never any PM... UNTILL... I got my OG Kush clone. Then I got rid of it for a good 2 years. Then I got a Blue Dream clone from a dude and I got PM again. But then again... I use a heppa filter on my intake. So any air that comes in the room, goes through that first, except for when I open the door and walk in. Which if it were in the air we breath, I'd bring some in with me every time.

Maybe certain area's are more concentrated with PM spores in the air. Im in Southern California... an hour or 2 from the coast. So its usually hot and dry as hell here. PM is gonna have a hard time cruising through the air around here.

E

Elite Nugs

Oh... and the sulfur burn killed about 90% of my lady bugs. Walked in and they were dead all over the floor and my tables. So... time to go get a few more thousand to toss in my room.... Only so I can kill them all again in 2 weeks when I do my next and last burn. Poor lady bugs.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
i run a perpetual grow and for the first year I used it for 5 minutes 1 hour after lights off, and for 5 minutes 1 hour before lights on. Worked great. Never had issues with pm since then. About 2 months ago my timer went aggro on me and ran the sulfur burner for a long time. Days later my flowers burned up (but came back) and leaves showed sulfur overdose. I haven't used it since then. I have solid environmental control, so I may not use it again. I only used it in the first place under Al B. Fuct's advice. It creates an acidic environment when it contacts water, so I'm not sure about spraying the plants before. I never found any effect on flavor or potency, but now that I haven't used it for a while, in about 6 weeks I'll find out. Can't hate on a sulfur burner, just hang it away from anything flammable and turn off your fans/exhaust etc. when it burns.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Its been over 6 weeks, and I haven't noticed any different flavor profile without it, but I never burned sulfur for more than 5 minutes at a time.

vangs

vangs

Its been over 6 weeks, and I haven't noticed any different flavor profile without it, but I never burned sulfur for more than 5 minutes at a time.
So you only ran it for 5min on 2x a day and you didn't have any pm issues? Did you run it in flower?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I run a Burnner once a week till week 4. I burn for 3 hrs fans off, then fast on exhaust out.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So something else i wanted to bring up. I noticed my Rh was 80%. It has warmed up here and its been raining.. I noticed that i had leaves that look like N tocicity, but its from the Rh. Since its warmed up outside i havent run the heat and thats what controls my Rh.. Well I decided enough is enough, im not gonna play around... So i ordered a new dehuey... They aint cheap!

Hisense-DH-70K1SDLE-Energy-Star-70-Pt.-2-Speed-Dehumidifier-6a4b9a5a-bca4-42aa-9c15-a66c90fff0e1_600.jpg

Cleanse the air in any room with this superior dehumidifier. The Hisense 70-Pint 2-Speed Dehumidifier is an affordable and eco-friendly dehumidifier for large-sized spaces operating at temperatures as low as 38 degrees Fahrenheit. This model removes 70 pints of damaging moisture per day from spaces up to 1500 square feet. Three operating modes (manual set, continuous and auto dry) make this unit a versatile choice. During the dehumidification process, water accumulates in the 2-gallon water tank or is continuously emptied into a drain using a drainage hose such as a standard garden hose (hose not included). Additional features include a programmable 24-hour on/off timer, adjustable humidistat, and full-tank alert/shutoff.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sorry brothers i was reading this thread then went off to do something and came back and thought i was on my thread! Good info here... Just so i dont muddy the thread without leaving something useful...
I heard if doing burns and you use beenies, that you should do it 24 hrs or so before you add the beenies... Maybe wrong on time, but prob a good point to make if someone knows...
Sorry for my intrusion..

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

5 year old thread I wouldn't worry much lol. I use beanies between burns and most of the time I only use beanies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom