sulphur burners... Help doubleds !!

• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doubleds

Ok Farmers here goes

I have been growing for 25 years and have never had powdery mildew until my last 2 flowers. I do not understand because my climate never hits the problem spots for powdery mildew. Humidity never gets above 50% and temp never gets lower than 74 degrees.

Anyway

I just bought 2 sulphur burners and really dont know how to use them. I understand they run during dark cycle, also for no more than 2 hours.

do they run everyday, once a week, once a month.

For preventative measures?

All good info would be greatly appreciated !!

Many thnks in advance !!

dds

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

the way I use it here is 6-8 hours for first night give it a break for a night the next night I use it for 2 hours .. and one last hit 2 nights .. every second night if things are bad up to 3 weeks into bloom.. other wise you can get a sulfur taste.. not nice at all.. the hot box I use can only cover a 2 meter space so I move it around the room.. or get a few..

budboy299

budboy299

here is another thing no one ever mentions...
When venting out the sulphur vapours, try to do so without going though your carbon filters. The vapour will stick to your carbon rendering it useless. When I checked why my scrubber wasn't working so well to remove odors...I opened it up and it was covered with yellow sulphur residue.

D

doubleds

here is another thing no one ever mentions...
When venting out the sulphur vapours, try to do so without going though your carbon filters. The vapour will stick to your carbon rendering it useless. When I checked why my scrubber wasn't working so well to remove odors...I opened it up and it was covered with yellow sulphur residue.

nice one bro..... excellent tip !!

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

shit man your right.. I forgot to say I turn off the blowers while given them a sulfur treatment .. well spotted BB299

J

Jalisco Kid

I run mine in veg once a week for 3 hours. I then run it in between cycles in the flower room with all air running. The spores love vent systems. I run it the 7-10 of flowering for 3 hours. No pm wars here. But I do have some outside on a pre b in july in socal.
DD you can not afford to worry about a $150 piece of equipment. Look at your scrubber and tell me if you were a spore that would not be your hang out. For the price of an oz it is not worth it. Spray some physan20 on everything in your room and burn sulfur hard for a few days while your trimming, then put your next cycle in the flower room. If you have compressed air I would use it to blow the physan into all the cracks.
JK
For those who have yet to go out and buy a 120 heater don't. Go to a thrift store and buy an electric skillet for a few bucks.

T

Tolpan

Fucking pm, hope ya get it all fixed Bro!

I had pm the last 3 grows and it made me sick! I tried nearly everything and it always came back, not in the whole room, but always on some plants.

Good luck!

Greets

Tolpan

J

Jalisco Kid

Tip #2652
Another way to attack this once you are into flower is a small air brush and 35% peroxide

L

luvinlife

How far are ya into flower? If your past 4 weeks the ole sulfer burners might leave a bit of aftertaste.......I battled PM a few years ago and tried everything sulfer,,peroxide, milk, ph'd water, neem mixs', different sprays, safer, monterrey, serenade.......everything........ I was about to shut down cuz of it.......I heard of this concoction from mark.... the Dutch masters Zone at 5MLs per gallon and penetrator at full strength 60mls per gal dont skimp its worth it make like a 3 or 5 gallon mixture of that in a sterile garbage can or bin or whatever and dip your whole plants in that if they're too big then you could try spraying very good top side bottom side....do this and repeat 5-7 days later and then also once more and you will be happy camper again growin your monster trees again....... :.) PS I would dip if possible thats what worked for me anyways......good luck oh ya do this before lights out to avoid burn and keep fans on during night.....cheers

D

doubleds

Many thanks for all the help guys, i am in week 3 of flower in one of my big rooms, no sign of pm visible yet but it could of still be affecting the plant. I am burning sulpher this morning and off to the local to buy some nova. I will spray everything down in veg and hit the big ladies next week.

dds

D

doubleds

I run mine in veg once a week for 3 hours. I then run it in between cycles in the flower room with all air running. The spores love vent systems. I run it the 7-10 of flowering for 3 hours. No pm wars here. But I do have some outside on a pre b in july in socal.
DD you can not afford to worry about a $150 piece of equipment. Look at your scrubber and tell me if you were a spore that would not be your hang out. For the price of an oz it is not worth it. Spray some physan20 on everything in your room and burn sulfur hard for a few days while your trimming, then put your next cycle in the flower room. If you have compressed air I would use it to blow the physan into all the cracks.
JK
For those who have yet to go out and buy a 120 heater don't. Go to a thrift store and buy an electric skillet for a few bucks.

physan20 bro
can you link me to where its available please ?

many thanks dds

fractaLz

fractaLz

Here is the link http://www.physan.com/

Be careful with the sulfur burner. I have a burner where you can adjust the height of the cup the sulfur sits in... Well, my cup was too close to the metal heating unit and the sulfur combusted into a very hard to see blue flame that nearly took out my entire house.

F

freemangenetics

mold,i had it once!

sulphur works a treat doubleds,if you got it bad run it for 8 hours every night for 3 nights (not when the lights are on the sulphur will coat the bulb),you need about a gram / hour dont overdo it.the stage of flower your in you wont taste a thing!
preventative is deffinatly the way to go ,once a week for 3 hours in the grow room and you shouldnt have to use it in flower again ,i havent:nod best of luck

J

Jalisco Kid

Most greenhouse suppliers carry it.
Shopping results for physan 20
Physan 20 - Pint - 16 oz $11.95 new - Repotme.com, Inc.
Physan 20 - 8 oz $7.50 new - BetterGrow Hydro
Physan 20 gal $44.95 new - Worm's Way

J

Jalisco Kid

This is a product that Chimera feels kills pm dead.melatox
Its available in your fine country but not mine I hear. JK

G

Going4Green

Great thread!! Wanted to thank everyone that contributed there experience and info.

Getting ready to start a new grow i am looking into everything i can think of to try and get a jump on it this time around. So yea i got my self a sulfur burner started looking up all the do's and don'ts so yea this thread came in very useful!

Still have a few questions though, hope some of you can help.

Remember reading about the carbon filters and the sulfur can mess them up. Well my rooms kinda sealed 95% and the only fan that can take air from the room to outside has two carbon filters on it, so yea i wouldn't want to use that fan. My question is does the air in the room after the sulfur burn need to be cleared out or can i just leave all the fans off for a few hours after the burner to let the sulfur set all?

I also have a dehumidifier and AC in the room should i be turning them off as well as my oscillating fans?

The burner is places directly in the middle of the room hanging from ceiling witch i thought was a good idea but after standing back i hung it right on top of my light reflector. So will the reflector catch all the sulfur being misted and the plants under will not get coverage?

Appreciate any feedback i can get, thank you!

Top Bottom