summer is a coming, anything to cool outside of shed?

• Thread starter subieslow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
subieslow

subieslow

I have fans intake/exhaust......but one thing is the roof of my shed will be in the direct sun. Is there anything cheap like cloth material or paint I can use that will help the roof stay cool. Shed is plastic with insulation etc on the inside.

thanks

P

psillyrabbit

try the stuff for mobilhome roofs supposed to cool by 20degrees you paint it on

E

ent

get two slabs of particle board for around 30 bucks. lay them on the top as a fake roof. my shed's roof had ridges so the plywood didn't sit right on the top. air could pass through by about an inch. as a result i could keep the temps inside the shed the same as temps in the shade. i would run the lights at night. 8pm-8am right now. i was able to put 2x 600w in a 6'x8' shed and run it year round in full and direct socal sun with no a/c. i did have a 'summer batch' where the buds showed some heat stress, however 5 out of 6 batches a year were perfect. i supplemented co2 as well to allow for higher temps. problems became when the dark cycle temps were as high or higher than the light cycle temps. hope that helps.

subieslow

subieslow

get two slabs of particle board for around 30 bucks. lay them on the top as a fake roof. my shed's roof had ridges so the plywood didn't sit right on the top. air could pass through by about an inch. as a result i could keep the temps inside the shed the same as temps in the shade. i would run the lights at night. 8pm-8am right now. i was able to put 2x 600w in a 6'x8' shed and run it year round in full and direct socal sun with no a/c. i did have a 'summer batch' where the buds showed some heat stress, however 5 out of 6 batches a year were perfect. i supplemented co2 as well to allow for higher temps. problems became when the dark cycle temps were as high or higher than the light cycle temps. hope that helps.

Sounds good. I will be trying the same thing but with 2 1000's!!!

Also going to run some more excello phiz, I hope they help.

Top Bottom