Sun Pulse?

• Thread starter w00dy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
I have A 600 core and coil HPS, worried about heat in coming months am thinking about switching to a 400 e ballast and a sunpulse lamp. Does any one have any experince with the SunPulse lamps? Any thoughts would be great.

BombBP

BombBP

I know they are designed by the same guy who created electronic ballasts.

BombBP

BombBP

Gerald Garrison is the guys name. He also worked on the components for the first in car CD player for Alpine and invented the Solo Baric Subwoofer from Kicker.

This guy swears that MH is the future of indoor growing and not HPS and that CRI is a factor in bulb choice(which i've always thought was a good deciding factor). It made me think of a comparison grow I saw where a guy grew 2 plants under a 400w MH and 2 under a 400w HPS and you couldn't tell the difference in growth. Now, the 400 MH has close to 20000 lumens less than the HPS. I wonder what would happen if you did a side by side matching the lumen output instead of the watt output? I'm inclined to believe the MH will beat the HPS.

I read an article about the Garrison guy in Urban Garden Mag:).

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Read the same article i think. Researching to see what i can find out about these SunPulse lamps

G

Ganjalover

Now, the 400 MH has close to 20000 lumens less than the HPS. I wonder what would happen if you did a side by side matching the lumen output instead of the watt output? I'm inclined to believe the MH will beat the HPS.
I checked 600w Sunpulse with a light meter against hps, and hps was much brighter

eyes

eyes

mh will grow more resinous buds but not as heavy as hps.mh puts out uv radiation that helps with thc production.i did a comparison once and even under a 1500 watt mh the buds under the hps were heavier.just my opinion.

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
appreciate all the feed back. what do you think of the 600 watt double arc bulbs (half MH and half HPS)

eyes

eyes

a cat on ic used em and he says there garbage.that was one persons take on it.i see where your going when u have a 600 hps ,u need a mh conversion bulb for veg.but it all depends are u doing short fast turnaround crops that u arent really veggin?or are u veggin for a tree and would like the spectrum that a mh puts out for healthy veg?or you can just blend the light with a 400 mh with a 600 hps if thats too costly you can always add some 23 watt 6500 k daylight bulbs in your reflectors like i did..or...run a 400 mh on a light track to make up for the slight width and length deficiency for veg theres always options..hope this helps

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the info Eyes, no im just looking for the best spectrum im not to concerned with lumens as i dont think they should be the deciding factor beside I have a pretty small space and im running a 600 right now but I think it will be to hot in the summer thats where the idea of a better spectrum and less lumens (400 watt SunPulse) comes into play

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I use the 3 and 10k bulbs, would never use anything else. SO SO SO much better then hps, The quality of the plant is amazing, so un stressed and yields are the same as with HPS. Well infact I have seen a slight increase in yield as the plants are happier. The 10K bulbs really push out the resin.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Very interesting. Herbalizor, do you just use 3k bulb entire grow except last week? Or do you veg under flouro?

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
thanx herb. now can these be ran in the 600 watt magnetic ballast or only in the e ballasts and do they run as hot or are they cooler than HPS bulbs

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
hey herbalizer do they run as hot as the hps?

U

uwg13

Ya I think I'm gonna try these too. Would a 3k be more red like a sodium giving larger nugs? 10k is more blue giving more trichomes? Not an expert here.

Top Bottom