Sun system 315 CMH VS Solis tek 315 CMH

• Thread starter leptitpasfin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leptitpasfin

Hello guys,

I've been looking for a new light lately and decided to upgrade my setup to a 315W CMH in a 3x3/4x4 grow tent. I'm not going cheap, I want to get the most out of the technology once and for all...or at least for a couple years.

So here's the deal : I can't decide between the sun system fixture and the solis tek one wich seem to be both outstanding quality, I'D like those who tried one or both the systems to share their experience here. You're also free to share your personnal preference for any other fixture, may it be the best you've seen.

Thank you very much for your insights.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Sun systems vert are great. Hortilux ones are also great (currently using in veg). No clue about Solistek ones. The 1k DE were gtg but dont know how their 315's are.

L

leptitpasfin

I see you switched for sun system, @logic , but what was it both times the same issue and how was the customer service of the company?

And yes, I did consider the hortilux but many seem to prefer philips/subsystem.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I see you switched for sun system, @logic , but what was it both times the same issue and how was the customer service of the company?

And yes, I did consider the hortilux but many seem to prefer philips/subsystem.

I'm talking about their 315 CMH fixtures. I use Philips bulbs in them.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Why not score a cmh ballast, adapter, and bulb and use existing hoods and save a few bucks

Bardfoadmraj

Bardfoadmraj

I have the sun system, its retarded and huge but its the secondary CMH unit that sits at the top of a shelf. It has a dimmable ballast and you know the ballast is 315 watts. It is loud compared to the newer units that have come out but does not produce as much heat as the ballast is not contained.

Valleyterps

Valleyterps

Why not score a cmh ballast, adapter, and bulb and use existing hoods and save a few bucks
I thought about doing this, but honestly the old hps hoods are not meant for a cmh bulb. The bulbs are smaller so the way the hood reflects the light is not optimal, when companies put products out, it’s because they do extensive testing for that specific product. Hours and hours of research and development go in to constructing and building the optimal hood to run their specific light st the optimal wattage. & really it’s not that much cheaper if you’re still getting a higher end ballast & bulb & an adapter,
So definitely better off getting the kit you want @leptitpasfin
Coming from a guy that has a Growers choice 315w cmh, Growers choice 500watt “master pursuit” cmh &?SjvSystem 315 lec boss commercial fixture.

Which route did you go? Hope you’re enjoying whichever light you got 🤙🏼

Top Bottom