sunglasses in your growrooms?

• Thread starter sam_i_am
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

do you where eye protection in your growroom?

• nothing at all

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • some of the time

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • almost all the time

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • always where eye protection

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

sam_i_am

does anyone here where sunglasses while under the lights in the growroom? i am asking because i read an interesting article about people exposed to these types of lights at short distances for prolonged periods of tiime.i personally do, and if they ned to come off i remove the plant in question and remove them outside the growspace. the article said that vision loss, and neurologic damage can be done after prolonged sessions under these lamps, first things may get blurry, then you have to squint to see and in extreme cases people have gone blind enough to have there licenses taken away.
also it said it could lead to light sensetivity and horrible headaches...they called it something and compared it to migranes.

F

FastForward

I don't but I may put a pair of sunglass in there....why not....makes sense, especially when I'm face to face with a 600w HPS daily...

B

bluegrass

Never nothing but I may start wearing some protection now that you've made me think about it, K+ to you kind sir! Peace and Respect...

B

BITYmagicBeanz

best too wear full protection. even cover your arms up. and wear gloves every time you mix water... doing this everyday over years will build up.

F

frankie-smiles

Ha ha, i thought i was the only person who walks round there grow room with a tacky pair of sunglasses on. Took me ages to find a pair that was actually dark enough, i'm sure mine are some sort of mild welding glasses lol.

F

foreverherb

I've been under these lights a lot lately then going into complete darkness. I have a torch and still can't see where the hell I'm walking once the lights go out, I've walked into walls thinking its a door before.

T

tuffgong69

frankie,i have a pair of them glasses i used as shades in summer,really dark green tint to the lenses..i looked like bono..may start using them in the growroom,better to be safe..peace,tg:)

T

thc4sim

LOL, ive never give it a second thought..,
i could do with keeping my bulbs in good nick tho! (bulbs aka eyes!)

:smoke

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Anything over about 5k and I get the shades on..

Tex

F

frankie-smiles

Don't ya ever get a big white blob infront of your eyes, like your looking at the light even if your no-where near it. I just knew it couldn't be good so got the shades out and i've been happy (but looking stupid a la bono) ever since.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

i always have too wear sunglasses around my snoe sleepaa. she gleems so bright . lol

og dmc

og dmc

I can honestly say you should wear glasses in there. I think my sight is permanetly affected. My vision has become a little blurry.

S

sam_i_am

17 voters thats all we can get come on guys let seewhos going blind out there!
Sam

budboy299

budboy299

although I never have before...certainly makes sense that anything that bright could damage the eyes. Every little bit of damage over a lifetime builds up

D

doubleds

my room

Try walking into my room w/o eye protection. You are squinting so bad you get a massive headache in 5 minutes. 20, 1000 watt lights burning w/o reflectors.

dds

F

foreverherb

Try walking into my room w/o eye protection. You are squinting so bad you get a massive headache in 5 minutes. 20, 1000 watt lights burning w/o reflectors.

dds

Sounds like alot of power :cash

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

Not a bad idea if your using canes for supports,was in my room a couple of weeks ago and bent down to water a plant and got a cane straight in the teeth didn't see it.A couple of inchs either way and it would have been straight in the eye;)

S

spinkus

Doubleds I wouldn't walk into your 20,000w garden without suntan lotion! Much less without shades!

Latest posts

Top Bottom