Sunlight and Auto's I Need Five Words LOL?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

I have some young Auto's and LED Lights is not a problem but thinking of putting them in windows using Sunlight.

Hurt, Help won't make any difference?

old1

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have some young Auto's and LED Lights is not a problem but thinking of putting them in windows using Sunlight.

Hurt, Help won't make any difference?

old1

I would decide on one lighting source with autos and then stick to it. You’ll be stressing it out switching back and forth thru the grow. Autos and stress don’t mix well. They are finicky and have a predetermined live span with one thing on their mind. Confuse them and you’ll be potentially looking at a Hermi. That doesn’t mean it can’t be done, but why?

oLd1

oLd1

Ok no sunlight. Been running 24 hours light don’t cut back? I was thinking 20/4

old1

freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok no sunlight. Been running 24 hours light don’t cut back? I was thinking 20/4

old1

Indoors Autos typically do best on a 18/6 light cycle thru the entire life cycle of the plant.

oLd1

oLd1

Will it hurt to cut them back now they are couple weeks old?

I haven’t fed them at all. Have them in Happy Frog and most part look great. One had a little curl on couple first leaves but ok on the rest.

old1

oLd1

oLd1

Their about a foot tall couple weeks old

I just cut the light back so probably don’t matter now .

old1

freezeland2

freezeland2

Their about a foot tall couple weeks old

I just cut the light back so probably don’t matter now .

old1

I asked because although autos are just that...auto, shortening the light cycle while they are veggin they could start flowering earlier than they normally would have. But as you said you already cut it back so leave it there for the remaining duration. Keep an eye on your light intensity. Good luck.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Question is why do you want to put them outside?

Cutting back the light cycle depending on the intensity will lower your yields IMO. You want to get them as much light as they can handle.

If putting them outside you will need to acclimate them to the UV since they are not used to it and will get pissy from it if you just toss em out in full sun. Start in a shady spot for a few hrs a day gradually increasing direct exposure and the time over a week or so.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Cutting back the light cycle depending on the intensity will lower your yields IMO. You want to get them as much light as they can handle.

If putting them outside you will need to acclimate them to the UV since they are not used to it and will get pissy from it if you just toss em out in full sun. Start in a shady spot for a few hrs a day gradually increasing direct exposure and the time over a week or so.
i put one of mine outside just to get a lil extra room in my tent . one thing i was told today is it take autos a little longer to flower and mature outside the ones in my tent are flowering the one i put outside is not

freezeland2

freezeland2

The OP was doing both sun and artificial. Should be one or the other. I would think continuously doing both everyday would just stress the plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The OP was doing both sun and artificial. Should be one or the other. I would think continuously doing both everyday would just stress the plant.
Even of not the risk of bugs is enough alone... of a plant goes outside it should stay outside imo. I'd say it's a wasted effort. Autos 18/6 or 20/4 indoor don't need the massive intensity we use to grow photos indoor. With that said if I could throw plants outside... that would be my first choice as I would have to try to play God with my environment.

budgie

budgie

It's not a problem if you have the intensity but you could get away with probably a it more photosynthesis if you went to say 18 hrs and cut the light intensity slightly.
I’ve grown a lot of autos,I’ve tried 24-0 18-6 12-12
Lighting and what I’ve noticed with autos is it boils down to good genetics,I’ve grown monster plants and plants that have been 1 foot tall,
I’ve tried a shit load of different seed banks as well,good genetics monster plants shitty genetics tiny plants

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’ve grown a lot of autos,I’ve tried 24-0 18-6 12-12
Lighting and what I’ve noticed with autos is it boils down to good genetics,I’ve grown monster plants and plants that have been 1 foot tall,
I’ve tried a shit load of different seed banks as well,good genetics monster plants shitty genetics tiny plants
Genetic makeup has a lot to do with it yes , but grower knowledge and skill can help quit a bit - I to have have couple hundred autos and I will respectfully disagree with your light cycle - god luck

Top Bottom