Sunlight Sensing Controls

• Thread starter calbunn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

calbunn

I was going to add supplemental lighting in a greenhouse and wanted see if anyone has advice or experience with any sensors that would automatically raise or lower the lamp output based on the available sunlight.

I know there are daylight sensing controls for area lights that adjust all the lights in an office for example but I was interested in controls that would sense and adjust for plant canopy micromole levels that could assist me with maintaining daily mole saturation levels under each supplemental light.

Any thoughts or recommendations as to the type of light and controls that were used would be appreciated but I'm primarily interested in;

What type of lighting was used and was it used for veg, flower or both?

Was there any effect that the dimming of these lamps caused either an increase or decrease in usable lamp life?

What was the dimming range? Were you able to dim it from 0-100% levels or somewhere in between dependent on available sunlight levels?

When dimming the light to 50% of it's light levels did it reduce energy consumption by that same 50% and did you see the difference on your utility bill?

Did you adjust each light individually for the plants beneath it or the room as a whole?

Did the plants do better with the managed consistent light levels in terms of yield, quality and time to harvest?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Top Bottom