Sunmaster metal halide hight output

• Thread starter OftheEarth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OftheEarth

OftheEarth

This bulb looks blue in the pictures.... Anyone ever use this bulb for veg? I would think the blue wold create a broader blue spectrum ideal for veg. I switch to the shps for flower. Just looking for some reviews on this light as I never used this one before.... Any suggestions ideas thoughts anything would be appreciated.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

40000 initial lumen output It's just the first bulb I've ever seen that is blue. Just google sunmaster 400wetal halide high output and u should see it. Sunmaster model bushuhl400hz. Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nothing comes up for that search. When I say spec(ification)s I mean more than just initial lumen output. It used to be difficult to find a spectral graph on a given bulb, but now it's quite common. It used to be difficult to find a bulb with a Kelvin color temperature rating, again, now it's quite common. Bulb life would be another specification I'd be curious about.

But, know this about all MH bulbs--they're typically going to be more blue than HPS because they emit a different range of wavelengths. They give off UV radiation whereas HPS does not. If you're talking about a bulb that's, say, 10,000K, that's a bulb that's intended for going over something like a planted aquarium or reef tank, it's usually where we would want a very strong peak in the blue end of the spectrum.

So, I'll go and try *again* to see if I can find what bulb you're talking about, but you could throw a dog a bone here and link it yourself. ;)

Is it this bulb?
If so, anything at 6,500K is going to look blue to our eyes. 5,000K would look less blue and is closer to what we perceive in daylight.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Yea it's gotta be. Thanks for the help, must be just the way they took the picture or whatever to sell it better. Sunmaster makes good bulbs so all good there. It's gotta be that one, the high output blue. Prolly why the pic I saw had it in blue.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

I gotta get the specs, should know that stuff... Just used to go with a good bulb but like the idea of knowing what it does, more science and stuff involved and more fun. Thanks

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

I haven't used this bulb. What are the specs on it?
Gonna find out. It's 3000k

Copy and paste.... Think it's this one.....Brand New Hydrofarm BUSUHL400HZAS Agrosun Gold High Output 400W Horizontal Bulb!
High Output 400W Horizontal Bulb
Help plants grow their best
The best all-purpose growth and fruiting/flowering light you can use
Emit more of the red wavelengths than the common halides
The "Gold Standard" in plant growth lighting
Agrosun halides outperform common sodiums in 4.5" Geranium test* - 45% More Flowers Produced, 25% More Axillary Branching
Specifications:
Weight: 0.6 lbs.
Package Dimensions: 12.1L x 5.0W x 5.1H
Units/case: 6
Rated Wattage: 400
Base Type: Mogul (E39)
HID Type: Metal Halide
Rated Initial Lumens: 40,000
Color Temp: 3000K
Bulb Orientation: Horizontal
Bulb Shape: BT37
Part Number: BUSUHL400HZAS

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Nothing comes up for that search. When I say spec(ification)s I mean more than just initial lumen output. It used to be difficult to find a spectral graph on a given bulb, but now it's quite common. It used to be difficult to find a bulb with a Kelvin color temperature rating, again, now it's quite common. Bulb life would be another specification I'd be curious about.

But, know this about all MH bulbs--they're typically going to be more blue than HPS because they emit a different range of wavelengths. They give off UV radiation whereas HPS does not. If you're talking about a bulb that's, say, 10,000K, that's a bulb that's intended for going over something like a planted aquarium or reef tank, it's usually where we would want a very strong peak in the blue end of the spectrum.

So, I'll go and try *again* to see if I can find what bulb you're talking about, but you could throw a dog a bone here and link it yourself. ;)

Is it this bulb?
If so, anything at 6,500K is going to look blue to our eyes. 5,000K would look less blue and is closer to what we perceive in daylight.
So 3000 kelvin is no good...... Ahhhhhha

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

I think that's the one, that's says less of lumen output tho so dunno

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Gonna find out. It's 3000k

Copy and paste.... Think it's this one.....Brand New Hydrofarm BUSUHL400HZAS Agrosun Gold High Output 400W Horizontal Bulb!
High Output 400W Horizontal Bulb
Help plants grow their best
The best all-purpose growth and fruiting/flowering light you can use
Emit more of the red wavelengths than the common halides
The "Gold Standard" in plant growth lighting
Agrosun halides outperform common sodiums in 4.5" Geranium test* - 45% More Flowers Produced, 25% More Axillary Branching
Specifications:
Weight: 0.6 lbs.
Package Dimensions: 12.1L x 5.0W x 5.1H
Units/case: 6
Rated Wattage: 400
Base Type: Mogul (E39)
HID Type: Metal Halide
Rated Initial Lumens: 40,000
Color Temp: 3000K
Bulb Orientation: Horizontal
Bulb Shape: BT37
Part Number: BUSUHL400HZAS
Ok, that's a completely different bulb from the one I was looking at. D'oh!
So 3000 kelvin is no good...... Ahhhhhha
No, 3,000K is fine, but better for flowering because of the stronger 'push' (peaks) toward the red end of the spectrum.
There is no kelvin given...... The link....
That's not even branded. Who makes the bulb? Woefully little information. See if you can find it on 1000bulbs.com.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Ok, that's a completely different bulb from the one I was looking at. D'oh!

No, 3,000K is fine, but better for flowering because of the stronger 'push' (peaks) toward the red end of the spectrum.

That's not even branded. Who makes the bulb? Woefully little information. See if you can find it on 1000bulbs.com.
Ok thanks. Hydrofarm seems to be the manufacturer?? I know, there is little info and it sucks...... Thnks for looking into it!!

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

If 3000 is for flowering, why listed as a metal halide? Strange. Hope all is cool tho.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Because it's a metal halide bulb. The Kelvin rating is the Kelvin rating is the Kelvin rating--doesn't matter what emitted the light. It's how it's rated in comparison to sunlight, which is 5,000K.

OftheEarth

OftheEarth

Oh gotcha. Thanks for that!!! Had no idea the sun was 5000k. Great info to know. Thanks again

Latest posts

Top Bottom