Sunshine #4 advanced mix..? about feeding

• Thread starter grateful bread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

grateful bread

whats up farmers? been away for awhile..taking care of a few things, but im back and i have a ? for you guys. i just switched from roots organic soil to sunshine #4 advanced mix and im wondering since its nutrient free, should i water then immediately follow up with a nute mix right after the runoff stops? every time i water? thanks guys!!! :banana1sv6:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It has alot stuff in it from the get go, you could probably go two or three weeks before you need to feed them anythning and even then you may not need to.

Tex

S

Sea Of Green

It supposed to allow for extra fertilization without the risk of nute burn or nutrient incompatibilities. I would give them whatever you're accustomed to with the roots organic.
SUNSHINE® ADVANCED MIX #4
The gold standard for professional growing mixes
  • Natural and organic
  • Myco-active
  • Coco coir
  • No Burn formula lets you dictate your own feeding schedule
  • Available in both Ready To Use and Compressed packaging formats
The Science in Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 - The Sunshine Horticultural tech team is renowned for their scientific expertise and support of professional growers. They formulated Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 to provide these pro-preferred features:

Balanced: proper pH range to improve nutrient availability.

Water Works: organic wetting agent so soil absorbs
water quickly and easily.

Bio-Active: multiple strains of mycorhizzae for optimum root
colonization, improved nutrient and water uptake, better
resistance to stress and disease.

No-Burning: inert formula accommodates custom feeding
practices with no conflicting nutrients or burn risk.

Peat Moss: “nature’s sponge” holds up to 30 times its
weight in water, keeping it readily available for plant uptake.

Coconut Coir: another natural water-holding ingredient
providing on-demand moisture for your plants.

Perlite: maintains air space for optimum root growth.

Superior Value: Eco-compressed bales fluff to about
twice the labeled volume (1 cu ft bale provides about
2 cu ft of usable soil).

I currently use 3 brands of premium potting soil mixes. They aren't all 3 identical in constituency, but they're close enough that I don't have to change up my feeding routine in any way when I use them. I just buy whichever's the cheapest and/or in stock at the time. They all 3 work EXACTLY the same.

What I'm getting at here is there's standards in the industry when it comes to things like that. The potting soils that are fortified with enough nutrients to provide strong, healthy growth usually advertise that fact. Along with how long that slow-release feeding will last on average. Those that aren't loaded up with nutes in that manner are made specifically so that you can customize the nutrients to the levels you require. They won't be devoid of any nutrients per say. They are, in fact, very fertile soils, but they won't contain any "fertilizer". This is because they generally already contain a certain amount of nutrient rich composted organic matter, and/or small amounts of lime in many cases. Much like any very fertile soil might.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

So it looks like its regular sunshine #4 with added coir and mycos. You can mend the soil yourself before you transplant if you want, otherwise you're responsible for any food your plants get from now on. Its always nice to feed when the medium isn't bone dry as to not risk frying the roots. However just like any other medium, you want to be careful of salt buildup. It also depends on what and how you plan to feed these ladies.

deep buddy

deep buddy

i used No. 4 almost exclusively until recently i really feel the consistency has changed alot smaller pieces or perlite maybe just the stuff i was getting? i switched to pro- mix bout the same thing. i dont use many liquid ferts at all though i really like peat base mixes with dry amendments and some teas. i dont like coco coir very much it seems to break down faster than the peat. but yeah its lightly charged with nutes. and the myco i always add some any ways.

H

HolyMunchies

advanced #4 is so easy just throw in a good amount of EWC and add some cal-mag/epsom salts when needed you will be good to go all through veg. I also throw in a few handfuls of large chunky perlite. When you flip them start your nute line of choice and gg.

I

ibTheMan

If your usen Organic ferts advanced is great but if your usen chemical ferts ive found regular sunshine#4 with added pure coco(about 1 to 6 ratio) and 25% coarse perlite works great, you should use 25% coarse perlite in the advanced, i also added coco to the advanced i used on my Motorbreath run.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I use dry nutes with it and I love the results, this is the best soilmix on the market IMHO for people who like to amend with organics or use a liquid nutrient regimen.

M

mallfest

hello i seen your post i currently using sunshine advanced #4 in my grow and i feed them about 1200 ppm nutes 1 times a week and just RO PH-ed water the rest of the week to run off the nutes. seems to be working well no burn fast growth

just make sure you test your run off every feed and water and your ppm levels

i also don't add anything to the mix just pot it plant it feed it test it smoke it.
every 3 weeks flush the mix ppm the run off and your plants will love you.

B

bmugglegemz

Hello all I currently grow some veg mothers in this soil and am experiencing what looks to be nitrogen deficiency. I recently switched to this soil and was using the Sungrow in white bags.
What feed do you use? PHrange? Ppm?
Right now I use canna nutrients at a 3/5/5 ratio with a ph between 6-6.5.
Do I need to use a higher rate or lower my ph range?
Please help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom