Sunshine ultra coir?

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

Just wondering if anyone has used the sunshine ultra coir before?

It's supposed to be prewashed, and it contains 30% peat.

I have run the advanced #4 mix for a few years, but want to get more into coco.

Thanks!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
What up @Billyboat , never used sunshine ultra coir, but it seems like a good place to start on ur journey to the coco side. It's got jus enough peat so u wouldn't have to adjust ur current feed regime to much and prewashed coco is a must. I've used canna coco and H&g coco with great success. I've used other coco that wasn't as clean as above mentioned only to have my plants stall out big time. I've seem coco so salty that is doesn't even register on my blue lab combo meter (ec was over 3.0)
Confu

Billyboat

Billyboat

What up @Billyboat , never used sunshine ultra coir, but it seems like a good place to start on ur journey to the coco side. It's got jus enough peat so u wouldn't have to adjust ur current feed regime to much and prewashed coco is a must. I've used canna coco and H&g coco with great success. I've used other coco that wasn't as clean as above mentioned only to have my plants stall out big time. I've seem coco so salty that is doesn't even register on my blue lab combo meter (ec was over 3.0)
Confu

That's kinda what I'm thinking, half of me says jump head first into the coco switch then the other half says if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm gonna do a side by side this next round with ss advanced #4 and their ultra coir I do believe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with the 'if it ain't broke' paradigm. However, you've still gotta try new things, right? I like the idea of a side by side. :)

Top Bottom