Super cool technology. World's first eco-conscious personal computer. Twenty watts and less.

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

So I can't link to outside websites but I was geeking out and found these guys, thought it was a really cool technology for growers with a need for a brain/hub (greenhouses, indoors, etc). With that kind of technology I'm sure they could be swayed into doing a PLC project or something custom. They are talking about making a computer that is 3"x3". So cool.

Tesla Computers LLC is the company and I found them on Facebook. If this is the wrong sub forum, I'm sorry and feel free to move it to the appropriate location.
Super cool technology  worlds first eco conscious personal computer  twenty watts and less

DismalDude

DismalDude

For $300 that's not a bad little system.Not a gaming rig or anything like that but I could see this sitting on my entertainment center for sure.
As a grow brain I'd imagine it could suit all of those needs.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Yeah man,they have whole houses computerized now,all in the software of course,I wonder if there is any grow control software out there.Hmmmm,I love tech so going to look into this!

tweedy

tweedy

Salutations Tweedy,

I'd be careful about buying a new computer these days as something changed significantly after Apple's late MacBook Pro and Sony's VAIO Pro. I recall reading about SSD interfaces tagged "mPCI", "M.2" and whatnot which simply avoid the SATA bottleneck, effectively breaking the 6 Gb/s barrier; not to mention that removal of such legacy bus also resulted in "greener" machines since it contributes to extend their battery operation...

:D
Care to put that in simpler terms?

tweedy

tweedy

For $300 that's not a bad little system.Not a gaming rig or anything like that but I could see this sitting on my entertainment center for sure.
As a grow brain I'd imagine it could suit all of those needs.
For sure. Seems like a great option for someone who is just buying a computer and doesn't need anything too crazy. Just a sweet little machine to have around for the sake of portability. I did see them running Skyrim (sp?) in one of their pictures so it does do the whole gaming thing.

tweedy

tweedy

Yeah man,they have whole houses computerized now,all in the software of course,I wonder if there is any grow control software out there.Hmmmm,I love tech so going to look into this!
I am sure there is something, so many people have been playing with arduino controllers so there has to be some open source software designed.

tweedy

tweedy

Salutations Tweedy,

No problem, but i'm not even sure i can! :D

Well, just like the IDE bus became obsolete after RLL and MFM before it now it's the turn of SATA to show its age since we have SSD memory drives... IDE was designed for mechanical devices while SSDs have no such parts and hence an emulation accounting for those doesn't make sense anymore.

:D
Well I appreciate the attempt :)

Top Bottom