Super Croping during flowering - Week 2

• Thread starter th3b12ain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

th3b12ain

I'm currently running a few different strains and the taller plants are just getting too tall, most of my plants are 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall and the taller ones are about 4 - 4 1/2 feet tall. What would happen if I pinch them down during flowering?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
As long as you don't break the stem, the buds along those stems will eventually realign themselves with the light. Do it. Just pay attention to what you're covering up when you bend the stems, try to bend them over areas that won't shade other good bud sites. Make sense? Also, in late flower, if you're not careful, those stems can end up drooping pretty low with the bud weight, so be ready for that, too.

purpleberry

purpleberry

You can do it anytime up till week 5-6, I refer to do it after week 2, seem the branchs will snap easyer in veg, and after week 2 everything is done stretching and you can see where ever thing is going to be.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do it on an as-needed basis, I've not (yet?) experienced it delaying a harvest, whether of the branch itself or the whole plant.

PB, I've found that if I don't snap the stems if I try to crop in veg, they straighten right out overnight as though nothing happened. I always end up just tying them down.

T

th3b12ain

Thanks guys!! My plants looking like the have recovered find I was worried about being set back for a week or two.

true grit

true grit

No sweat. break those bitches they will come back just fine. I sc up until wk 2-3 easy. It just promotes more branching, so be ready for staking....

Y

Yoder

I have also had some issues with plant height and have been experimenting all summer...this is the first time that I have been able to grow legally and so I am much bolder and feel comfortable growing.

One thing I have done is to build a trellis about 3' high. I then train the plants to grow along it. Another technique that I use a lot now, and will continue to use, is to tie the leader to a weight so that it grow fairly low. Finally, I put two plants in 5-gallon containers and then in a 8' window well. The plants got about 9' tall, but were somewhat gangly. I then moved the pots into a sunny location and tied them about 6" above the ground.

All of these techniques have given me some pretty high-yields. With the main stem growing parallel to the ground it is almost as if each branch becomes it own leader. I should also add that one plant is massive in size...not tall, but very broad. I have tied weights to it and inadvertently broken branches. When the branches break, then I just put them back in place and tape the hell out of them. This beast of a plant has 4 broken branches so far, but is thriving.

Top Bottom