super cropping differences

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have a questions about super cropping..From what I can tell it is pinching the stem between the nodes on the main stem..., but I have also heard that super cropping is cutting the top part of the main stem to create two stems(which can be cut, and turned into 4 and so on)...
So which is it?
Also I have a several plants that I am putting into flower. I was going to make them "Moms" for cloning but decided not to...They have been in veg(indoors) for 9 weeks...They are 4 feet tall, and very bushy..Which means they will hit my lights in a foot and a half of growth. They already have turned brown(the bark) on the lower parts of the stems. Can I cut the tops, or try supper cropping them? or is it to late ...any suggestions?

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Super cropping is both imo. It's just a term to increase yield I believe.. I pinch all under nodes all over plant, and cut down the tops to allow slower growth and to allow the plant to bush out. Just remember that ganja is just a weed. This plant can handle a lot and treat them like house plant.

I would def go ahead and take cuts, super crop, pinch and tie them down. You can use pipe cleaners to tie them down, I use tomato cages.. . It's not too late take cuts.. Happy harvests!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a questions about super cropping..From what I can tell it is pinching the stem between the nodes on the main stem..., but I have also heard that super cropping is cutting the top part of the main stem to create two stems(which can be cut, and turned into 4 and so on)...
So which is it?
Also I have a several plants that I am putting into flower. I was going to make them "Moms" for cloning but decided not to...They have been in veg(indoors) for 9 weeks...They are 4 feet tall, and very bushy..Which means they will hit my lights in a foot and a half of growth. They already have turned brown(the bark) on the lower parts of the stems. Can I cut the tops, or try supper cropping them? or is it to late ...any suggestions?
Supercropping is pinching stems so that they fold, but do not break. This is done later, while in flower so you get flower development on those branches, but are also opening up the canopy so that lower sites can get better light.

FIMming is where you pinch close down on a growing tip in order to force apical branching. FIMming is done rather carefully because in order to achieve success you don't want to remove the entire growing tip. FIMming is done in early veg.

Topping is where the whole growing tip, down to the next node (or wherever an individual wishes to cut down to), is removed. This also forces apical branching. Topping is done in early veg.

LST is a technique where nothing is cut, but is tied down. Supercropping is much like LST except nothing is (usually, if you've done it right, blablahblah) pinched.

If you're talking about a technique whereby the stem is split lengthwise, that's something I've never done and will likely not try unless I know more about how the plants might respond. It doesn't make sense in my head that splitting lengthwise would force any more branching.

HTH.

durksome

durksome

von

you can if your able too -- take thin rope and tie to the main stem 8 inces or more below the top of the plant and you can tie each rope down and bend the tops all the way down at least two feet or more and when you bud can make adjustments use cinder blocks on floor to tie to rope -- then you can tie down other branches too -- since you are ready to bud now i see that as one good option for height control
then you can try to manage hope that helps

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Tex, seamaiden, durksome..Thanks for the replies...
I have used LST on several occasions, with good to excellent results...My main problem with it is that because of the number of plants, and the growing area as the plants grow some get bigger faster then others, and cover their smaller sisters forcing me to reposition the plants which will eventually not be possible...
Seamaiden
I think what happened is that the people I talked to(and a video I saw) used the topping technique, but called it super cropping..Which is what confused me...
Can someone explain topping a little more to me, and tell me if it is possible to do a Scrog after...
I will be tieing down the big mom plants..Thanks again

j wizzle

j wizzle

topping is when you pinch the tops of a branch off. this causes the banch to split into 2 and certainly it can be used in a scrog setup.

my largest colas are the ones that i super crop though. i LST, super crop and top all my plants. depending on the veg time, i usually only top the main stem. but if im doing a 3 month veg, i will top a ton of the branches too. but just like LST, super cropping is going to make the plant larger and wider. but it allows the lower branches to shoot up into the canopy and create a larger, more even canopy

M

MASSES 420KING

if your worried about stretch just tie them bitches back down

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have read that some strains do better then others with topping...It is to late for this grow, but I have 3 strains in their 2nd week of veg..Hells Angel OG, The White, and Fire OG...Does anyone know if these strains work well with topping or the FIM? I(we)* plan on doing a two tier Scrog on this next grow. If I can follow the building destructions correctly. The plants should have a veg time of 5-6 weeks before going into the flower room.

* there are 4 of us. all Prop 215 legal(1 with Fibromyalgia, one with Lupus, One with Migraines, and Crohn's, one with Migraines, TMJ, and IBS)..Half of what we grow is given(free, no strings) to people in true need...people with debilitating diseases/injuries, on SSI or below the local economic standard/poor...People interested in helping out can PM me and I will tell them how to go about helping..or can contact City of Hope(in Duarte[sp?]) and offer to donate to them..Take Care, Care Compassionately...

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Andy.....

Ok I took these photos just for you..It was past their bedtime, so they are a little dark. I tied down the 3 mothers in the dark room today so it isn't the best look at them, and I didn't want to add more light then I needed to...The leaves are of Bubba(the big big one), and Chocolope...The plant with the measuring stick is a Super lemon haze in its 5th week of veg(from seed...all but the small babies are from seed)...The babies are Hells Angel, The White, and Fire OG clones(OGRaskel..at least thats what I was told..Got them from a clone only co-op in Long Beach..Nice guys..The Whites are very very picky..lost one within 3 hours after I got it home from the co-op..I think it was over watered when they gave it to me...lost another 3 days later to the same problem, but now everyone is doing great)..The clones are 10 days old

Jenns wedding and plants 344
Jenns wedding and plants 345
Jenns wedding and plants 359
Jenns wedding and plants 361
Jenns wedding and plants 364
Jenns wedding and plants 367
Jenns wedding and plants 365
Jenns wedding and plants 369
Jenns wedding and plants 370
Jenns wedding and plants 373
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
if your worried about stretch just tie them bitches back down
Or, flip 'em earlier.

Absolutely agreed that topping can be done well in a scrog situation, just be ready to have a place to put all those branches. It's really about canopy control, however you get it done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom