Super Cropping Question!

• Thread starter FratAndGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

Hi Guys and Gals!,
I am in the beginning of my second year grow (outdoors) and wow have I learned a lot in a years time! This year I will boldly move my plants out into direct sunlight (to improve yield and quality) and I will be putting them directly into previously prepared soil in the ground. Also, this year I will be experimenting with super cropping. I have done my research and understand only pinch until you hear the snap, and repair with tape if done too hard, and don't do during flowering etc. etc. ... but the question I have is that I am about to transplant into the ground after about 3 or 4 weeks of growth and I will be doing a root soak and what not to get the roots healthy. So, How long do i need to wait after transplant to begin super cropping??? I don't want to over stress my plants.

Thor726

Thor726

I'm a new farmer so in no professional but from wat I've learned over the years is there really isn't an answer for that question given than every situation is different..but I'm a firm believer that the plant will tell u! After transplanting when she looks good and strong no droopyness or other signs of fatigue..she will probly be good, now how long that takes depends on the contributing factors of the situation...hope I helped!

Bannacis

Bannacis

If you're going to do the aggressive super cropping snap, then at least 2 weeks minimum.
You want the roots to really take hold.

Fully Melted

Fully Melted

If you haven't transplanted yet, then super-crop the top of the middle stem to encourage the sides to branch out.

If you transplanted already, you only have to wait until you see a bit of fresh new growth. From then on you can super-crop anytime you want to control growth and to help shape the plant into a growth pattern you desire.

When plants are big and stems are turgid you don't even have to pinch... You can use two hands - with one holding a branch and the other hand above it and twist the stem in oposite directions - you should feel the inner fibers break and that is enough to super-crop the plant in that area. It is better for large branches than actually pinching IMO

ken dog

ken dog

Like everyone else said... It depends.

I usually wait 3 to 4 days... But I have very healthy clones with very long roots, newly transplanted into a Current Culture recirculating deep water system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom