Super Cropping, Topping, Fiming And Punning Question

• Thread starter Meds4Me12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Meds4Me12

Meds4Me12

Hello All,

I have a question about Super Cropping, Topping, FIMing and Punning, ... When should this be done, Day or Night?

I was thinking it makes more sense to do it shortly after their wake-up time so that all the energy they picked up before bedtime has already been transfered to the roots, ... BUT then again, ... the day time light and higher temps could adversely effect the plant.

Hmmmmmmmm, ...

Regards

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

I have no idea tbh if there is a right or wrong answer to that one, never really thought about the best time of the day to prune a cannabis plant... i will say its important to make sure you have at least 3-4 sets of full fan leaves before you do any topping, actually 5-6 is better as the plant will recover faster, just my 2 cents. Maybe a couple hours before lights out tho, give her time to chill afterwards in the dark period before she gets a full day of light? Idk my friend lol just a thought

Meds4Me12

Meds4Me12

Hi guys thanks for your responses.

These plants are well-established and anywhere from 15 to 24 inches tall. I do my tops and films right before bedtime also only because they're small and one removed doesn't store as much as larger leaves do.

As I said in my first post it seems it would make more sense to trim the older larger leaves right around wake up time as they've already dumped off what they've collected the day before. Also does super cropping before they go to bed slow down the transfer the sugars to the roots?

In my previous super cropping, pruning, topping and fiming I never really thought about it, but in my quest to get better at this I guess I need to constantly question my techniques.

Regards

Top Bottom