Super cropping | Why and How?

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Super Cropping | Why & How?

I did a search and notice we don't have a good post for super cropping, so i decided to make one. Hope it helps someone!

2022-02-08 12.54.11.jpg

Super cropping is a technique that growers can perform during vegetive and early flower stage of plant life.
This is a great technique to perform, if you notice that a branch is stretching a lot more than other branches.
By super cropping the tall branch, you essentially bend the branch at a certain angel with force to break it, but you don't want to break it in a way that would separate from the rest of the branch. When you start bending it and it gets to an certain angel, you will hear a cracking sound if you focus and listen. Past this point with a bit more force the branch will break and drop side ways.
At this time you just want to let t sit on top of the other branches.

1645855585473.png

As you can see in the above picture a branch is broken side ways but it is still held by the rest of the branch. This puts the plant in a overdrive and the plant would transfer additional sugars to repair it self. With in few days you will notice that the top of the cola will start to go upwards towards the light again.

1645855605100.png

In addition you will also notice a big knuckle is formed on the spot that the plant was super cropped. Remember above i mentioned that the plant goes into a overdrive and transfers additional sugars to this particular branch. This allows the branch to be fully strong again.

2022-02-25 18.01.57.jpg

Thanks for the read and Happy Friday! 🍿

chuck88

chuck88

I super crop to break the main cola's height dominance.

Instead of stressing the plant, I gently tie it down with string or wire without harming the stem.

This allows all the side branches to grow creating an even canopy.

Gelato 9 Feb 2022 Day 33

Cheers

PK1

PK1

Supporter
You can supercrop by twisting stems until you feel the snap. I used to just snap them over until another grower showed me this technique. I now use a combination of the two to shape my plants.
twisting the stem/branch also does other beneficial factors same as super cropping. However, this doesn't mean you should go break every single branch LMFAO!

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

i know, i just thought to put it out there before a newbie starts breaking all their branches 😄
In summer I top 3 times starting so early newer growers freak. I top 3 times in a row to end up with 8 main branches. I start snapping as soon as the branches are long enough. I can keep most plants chest high and a fairly level canopy.

We can snap until around the second week of flower. After that I don’t recommend it.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ya, i don't mind a short main stem as it gives you a bit of more playing heights and totally new method of growing.
I'm most likely topping my BB cheese in promix hp twice and put her outside for the summer.

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

Super cropped this one 3 times .
DSC 0871

Just like people, some plants accel when stressed properly .
2 weeks into 12/12 tomorrow . 😁
Orange Velvet Underground Rbx

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Super Cropping | Why & How?

I did a search and notice we don't have a good post for super cropping, so i decided to make one. Hope it helps someone!

View attachment 1220774
Super cropping is a technique that growers can perform during vegetive and early flower stage of plant life.
This is a great technique to perform, if you notice that a branch is stretching a lot more than other branches.
By super cropping the tall branch, you essentially bend the branch at a certain angel with force to break it, but you don't want to break it in a way that would separate from the rest of the branch. When you start bending it and it gets to an certain angel, you will hear a cracking sound if you focus and listen. Past this point with a bit more force the branch will break and drop side ways.
At this time you just want to let t sit on top of the other branches.

View attachment 1220775

As you can see in the above picture a branch is broken side ways but it is still held by the rest of the branch. This puts the plant in a overdrive and the plant would transfer additional sugars to repair it self. With in few days you will notice that the top of the cola will start to go upwards towards the light again.

View attachment 1220776

In addition you will also notice a big knuckle is formed on the spot that the plant was super cropped. Remember above i mentioned that the plant goes into a overdrive and transfers additional sugars to this particular branch. This allows the branch to be fully strong again.

View attachment 1220771

Thanks for the read and Happy Friday! 🍿
I thought super cropping was when a plant is reverse from flower creating numerous branches to take care off.

perhaps this last post is true , but I highly doubt someone would be reversing the same plant 3 times, but hey they might have lots of time to play.

Enjoy and good luck in the grow.

Reactions: PK1
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I thought super cropping was when a plant is reverse from flower creating numerous branches to take care off.

perhaps this last post is true , but I highly doubt someone would be reversing the same plant 3 times, but hey they might have lots of time to play.

You’re describing revegging a plant. Monstercropping.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

You’re describing revegging a plant. Monstercropping.
You have me interested, did not realize that kinking my plants had such a fancy name these days.

I always considered it low stress training to keep my canopy under control but without the clip.

Enjoy the super cropping

steamroller

steamroller

3 times is the number of branches that I bent since they were stretching too much .
Here is my 1 Agent Orange before I bent her today
DSC 0876

And after 4 bends
DSC 0879

I roll the stem between my fingers and then bend, but most of mine pull back up after a day or so .
I hook them down with pipe cleaners to the bucket .

steamroller

steamroller

How late in flower do some of you dare bend ?
Coming up on week 4 and torn on a couple branches here and there .

Top Bottom