Super cropping without tearing the skin?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I've got supercropping down pretty good with regards to function but could use improvement. I often end up with a split in the stem skin that folds open when I make the bend. So far I've been lucky with no infection but don't think that luck will hold for outside.
Is there a surefire way to break the inner hurdle without damaging the outer layer? I've tried squeezing and I've tried twisting in opposite directions but both eventually cause splits no matter how careful I am. Any suggestions/tips from old hands is appreciated.

Super cropping without tearing the skin
Super cropping without tearing the skin 2
StonedAgain

StonedAgain

Give it a little massage back and forth between your fingers, squeeze gently but hard enough that you can feel it turning mushy inside, then once the inner stem is bruised up, the outer stem should bend without breaking... if it does just bandage it up for a few days with something to keep stuff out, some put aloe to promote healing, or I've heard honey because it has antibacterial properties. Plastic wrap or press and seal wrap, some use duct tape... just take it off after a few days so it can breathe. It's hard to do it without breaking the outer stem once they start to turn woody.

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Give it a little massage back and forth between your fingers, squeeze gently but hard enough that you can feel it turning mushy inside, then once the inner stem is bruised up, the outer stem should bend without breaking... if it does just bandage it up for a few days with something to keep stuff out, some put aloe to promote healing, or I've heard honey because it has antibacterial properties. Plastic wrap or press and seal wrap, some use duct tape... just take it off after a few days so it can breathe. It's hard to do it without breaking the outer stem once they start to turn woody.
Thanks for the tips. I've used duct tape once or twice before, not that easy to remove, I think I'll try plastic wrap next time lol

Top Bottom