Super Cropping!!

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diane11

Diane11

Hello all! So I did it guys, and it was easy after the first 10 snaps lol. Jk. Yeah I was running out of space and my girl was growing tall!! For me...
Anyway, I did some research and decided that I needed to do something and fast, so super cropping was where it was at! All the vids, all the literature, and here is my baby now. I gave her some B1 for the stress. Please let me know what you think and any post tips for this process is greatly appreciated? How'd I do????? :):nailbiting:

Super cropping
ken dog

ken dog

Looks good... Don't get me wrong... It's just that the idea is also to keep the main top from getting higher than the rest of the tops.

Better to let the main top catch up to the rest of the tops, than try and let the rest of the tops catch up to the main top.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Yup.... I agree with ken.... you did well........ except that you bent the wrong part of the plant. lol

It would have made more sense to pinch and fold the main branch over to allow the side branches to catch up.

Diane11

Diane11

Looks good... Don't get me wrong... It's just that the idea is also to keep the main top from getting higher than the rest of the tops.

Better to let the main top catch up to the rest of the tops, than try and let the rest of the tops catch up to the main top.
Oh ok @ken dog ... I am literally running out of room in the tent, it's 7'.... This is my first time growing (excuses) :) and with all the ramble about how much bigger they get in flower... I did this. Ah geez.. Ok so what could or should I have done differently in this situation?

Diane11

Diane11

Yup.... I agree with ken.... you did well........ except that you bent the wrong part of the plant. lol

It would have made more sense to pinch and fold the main branch over to allow the side branches to catch up.
LOL @WhoopDeeDoo!!!! :D:cry: I went in thinking that and the stock wouldn't let me, only at the tippy top and I was afraid to eff those up because I topped em as well and wasn't sure where to go with em plus I even ended up putting a little bit of tape on top because of trying lol. Oh well, at least it's great to hear that I still did a decent job. So maybe I need a trellis to even them out? Keep em in place.... I didn't really do it for yield purposes, it was more like for lack of property purposes lol! thanks for helping me!!! Would love next step advice..... :drunk2:

Diane11

Diane11

LOL @WhoopDeeDoo!!!! :D:cry: I went in thinking that and the stock wouldn't let me, only at the tippy top and I was afraid to eff those up because I topped em as well and wasn't sure where to go with em plus I even ended up putting a little bit of tape on top because of trying lol. Oh well, at least it's great to hear that I still did a decent job. So maybe I need a trellis to even them out? Keep em in place.... I didn't really do it for yield purposes, it was more like for lack of property purposes lol! thanks for helping me!!! Would love next step advice..... :drunk2:
Lol, it's my spider method! :p

Diane11

Diane11

You did good, don't worry about it:)... If the main stem did not want to be bent over, then no use killing your plant over it.:)
Awesome!! Thanks so much @ken dog , means a lot to hear from experienced growers :)

Diane11

Diane11

Also be cautious of doing a lot of training after week 2 in flower. You can stress the plant and cause her it throw nanners....then it's down hill from there.
Sounds good @DemonTrich ... Their actually 2 weeks in flower today! No more messing around. Lol. Had I known what to expect, im thinking things would have been different, but eh I'm learning... Will definitely keep in mind for next time :) thank you!!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

IMHO
your doin a great job with your grow
and the more you grow the more you will find out, Taking a plant to full cycle in veg is a process in itself that is for sure.
Having two seedlings and forcing one into the Flowering room before its time WILL cause most issues to multiply, where as A well vegged Lady with solid feet under her and the fully developed Female or male Hormones yes a plant needs to mature and once it has....... The Cropping, supper cropping, bend, tie, Chop away ! !
Its good info to have and its also great way to learn what works for you in a small personal grow tent or a Major back yard Field of Dreams.
Its all about the fun and the passion of your grow Bro.
So keep um Rockin,
FYI I am very limited to my height so I crop the &*%& out of mine
But only after a good LONG Maturing timeline.
Nyvia2 2

Peace and +Vibes
FlyJ

Diane11

Diane11

Really your sure not a hermie ??? or are nanners and hermies the same ??? or is there a Hermie gene and a nanner gene ???
If your dealing with a strain that if you sneeze on it will throw a nanner or become hermie then its a garbage strain to begin with and probably bred by one of many pollen chucking the latest elite clone or back crossed lol some garbage the typical breeders in the scene today ,, Well most of them anyways ,,,
super cropping is a great tool to control canopy height and can be used in veg to flower transition until bud set begins and will not cause any stress at all specially with a plant that has been vegged for some time in nature average wind damage and insect damage is in the area of 30 percent so if we take these Figures and apply them to indoor one can easily super crop till the cows come home or max 30 percent of a plant at any given day and it will not do nothing
Have done it for years in the harshest climates being i do live North of the 60th parallel , how else do you expect to get plants like this lol prayng to the marijuana gods its extensive cropping and into flower
This seperates the jedi growers from the wana be's View attachment 602986 View attachment 602987 View attachment 602988
Lol @KillingTime
Really your sure not a hermie ??? or are nanners and hermies the same ??? or is there a Hermie gene and a nanner gene ???
If your dealing with a strain that if you sneeze on it will throw a nanner or become hermie then its a garbage strain to begin with and probably bred by one of many pollen chucking the latest elite clone or back crossed lol some garbage the typical breeders in the scene today ,, Well most of them anyways ,,,
super cropping is a great tool to control canopy height and can be used in veg to flower transition until bud set begins and will not cause any stress at all specially with a plant that has been vegged for some time in nature average wind damage and insect damage is in the area of 30 percent so if we take these Figures and apply them to indoor one can easily super crop till the cows come home or max 30 percent of a plant at any given day and it will not do nothing
Have done it for years in the harshest climates being i do live North of the 60th parallel , how else do you expect to get plants like this lol prayng to the marijuana gods its extensive cropping and into flower
This seperates the jedi growers from the wana be's View attachment 602986 View attachment 602987 View attachment 602988

Wasn't sure what nanner was so I looked it up and took a quick pic for those that are also learning. But about my plant, yes it grew wildly in veg, then I realized it would at least double in size in flower, so I did what I thought was right. I didn't do it for yield purposes lol, I'm new! Hahahaa! I'm happy I was able to germinate the damn thing! :) But ya never know how it turns out. I had another in there that showed males signs in the first week of flower and got rid of that sucker right away... Not too sure if it was something I did to stress the plant, like the temps because it WAS hot in there before I got both fans, or if it was just plain male! But anyhow, here's the pic. Your plants look beautiful btw... Definitely in the Jedi category lol :)
IMHO
and the more you grow the more you will find out, Taking a plant to full cycle in veg is a process in itself that is for sure.
Having two seedlings and forcing one into the Flowering room before its time WILL cause most issues to multiply, where as A well vegged Lady with solid feet under her and the fully developed Female or male Hormones yes a plant needs to mature and once it has....... The Cropping, supper cropping, bend, tie, Chop away ! !
Its good info to have and its also great way to learn what works for you in a small personal grow tent or a Major back yard Field of Dreams.
So keep um Rockin,
View attachment 603041
Peace and +Vibes
FlyJ

Diane11

Diane11

IMHO
So keep um Rockin,
View attachment 603041
Peace and +Vibes
FlyJ
Thank you @FlyinJStable :) yes its just a small couple of plants just for me. So I'm with you on the height limitations. She was in veg for 3 months and is indeed very solid. But yeah, again, I didn't know what to expect so I had to go through some pretty extreme measures, if I had only done it right lol!! I appreciate your kind words, ITS GREAT TO HEAR lol!! Trust me... I need to hear that my baby is okay as I DID crop, bend and chop the shit outta her!! Lol, And that was tough on the heart after 3 months... But I had to do something! I Mainly don't worry because I already told myself that if I mess up, I'm just gonna try again and again, and when I said that, I didn't know I was going to actually become addicted! It really IS fun and has even gotten me out of a little depression slope I was falling into. :) so, thank u thank u thank u!!! AND your plant is beautiful btw....

Last edited:
B

Bjstan

IMHO
So keep um Rockin,
View attachment 603041
Peace and +Vibes
FlyJ

Sorry to intrude.. but how long do you get before you start to train? I'm new to cannabis growing, but I've grown everything else.. I really want to try and super crop in a tent, but I know my first true grow will be a learning experience. I recently spent time in Alaska in a legal grow for a few months and learned a great deal about growing. I plan to clone also and was wondering how many weeks of true veg they would need to not harm them .thanks for your time .

Top Bottom