Super Lemon Haze won't turn to flowering

• Thread starter Haydar1984
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Hello farmers , I have one femenized super lemon haze growing in coco/perlite mix with general hydroponics nutrients , I've been trying to make it turn to flowering for almost a month now without succeding!! Started by making light cycle 12/12 then 13/11 and now 10/14 , it's still growing very well and becoming very bushy big plant , I defoliated it three times till now and it comes back bigger and stronger , it's growing in a 25G barrel indoors , any idea how to overcome this and force flower it , any chemical or something else 🤔
Thanks for any advice

Jakecan

Jakecan

Hello farmers , I have one femenized super lemon haze growing in coco/perlite mix with general hydroponics nutrients , I've been trying to make it turn to flowering for almost a month now without succeding!! Started by making light cycle 12/12 then 13/11 and now 10/14 , it's still growing very well and becoming very bushy big plant , I defoliated it three times till now and it comes back bigger and stronger , it's growing in a 25G barrel indoors , any idea how to overcome this and force flower it , any chemical or something else 🤔
Thanks for any advice
Do you have any light leaks? When its night time it's completely dark?

KDB42

KDB42

Make sure any electronics in your grow area dont have lights on them. If they do tape over them. That includes an ir light that are on some cameras. You cant see the light but the plants can.

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Do you have any light leaks? When its night time it's completely dark?
I don't , its in a dedicated room and I've always used this same room for growing without any problem , last time SLH turned to flowering in maybe 4 days

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Make sure any electronics in your grow area dont have lights on them. If they do tape over them. That includes an ir light that are on some cameras. You cant see the light but the plants can.
Its a storage room don't have any devices , I've always used this room for growing with the same setting without any problem 🤷

KDB42

KDB42

Not sure. You can try giving them 24 hrs of dark then switch to 12/12. A lot of ppl do that they say they flower quicker.
P.S. got any pics?

Last edited:
KDB42

KDB42

One more thing I just thought of. I've heard of ppl ordering feminized seeds and getting auto flowers instead. If that's the case I dont think anything you do will make it flower. You'd just have to wait till it switches on its own.

growsince79

growsince79

Thanks for any advice
How old was it when you flipped?

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Not sure. You can try giving them 24 hrs of dark then switch to 12/12. A lot of ppl do that they say they flower quicker.
P.S. got any pics?
Maybe I'll try the 24 hours trick , I will post a picture tomorrow cause now is the night time for the plant 😅

Ponky

Ponky

Did you try destroying the plant in a fit of rage? I would. 4 weeks. Should be half done. Evict that free loader. If it hasn't even shown yet you want to give it another 16 weeks? Nah fam. Get some Kush clones and drop some crops.

tbd100

tbd100

Reduce light. Reduce food. Reduce water. All gradually. That way you are telling the plant it is time to die. I went through this with a Dr Grinspoon. It grew to be a monster but it would not fully ripen. I finally gave up at 191 days - 24 weeks of flower. I came to the conclusion that because I let it get so big, it could not get enough light in my tent.

growsince79

growsince79

Not long ago I cloned a Colombian under 12-12. By time it was rooted it was flowering. Then I transplanted to a bigger container and the plant went into veg until the pot was full of roots. Just saying cus you have a sativa in a huge container. That might be at least partly to blame.

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

Did you try destroying the plant in a fit of rage? I would. 4 weeks. Should be half done. Evict that free loader. If it hasn't even shown yet you want to give it another 16 weeks? Nah fam. Get some Kush clones and drop some crops.
I live in Iraq so getting clones is impossible , I have some seeds and I only grow one plant at a time , if it wasn't my only baby I would've killed it 😅

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

What's the air temperature?
Somewhat on the cold side , 70ish during yhe day and 60ish during the night , I use air-conditioning for the room cause it's blazing hot here , couldn't get the room to be warmer with this window A/C

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

M
Not long ago I cloned a Colombian under 12-12. By time it was rooted it was flowering. Then I transplanted to a bigger container and the plant went into veg until the pot was full of roots. Just saying cus you have a sativa in a huge container. That might be at least partly to blame.
Maybe that's the culprit since the barrel is huge for the plant

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

20210708 164513

This is the plant now after lots of LST , I don't have more space for it to grow more 🤦🏼‍♂️

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Somewhat on the cold side , 70ish during yhe day and 60ish during the night , I use air-conditioning for the room cause it's blazing hot here , couldn't get the room to be warmer with this window A/C
That could be it.

Here in cold Michigan, a friend of mine had the exact problem when she switched to LEDs, which didn't supply the heat of HIDs. Once she got it up to 75F, it flowered.

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

That could be it.

Here in cold Michigan, a friend of mine had the exact problem when she switched to LEDs, which didn't supply the heat of HIDs. Once she got it up to 75F, it flowered.
Will try to lower it down more and see what happens

Top Bottom