Super Noobish Question, But.....

• Thread starter Metaljuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Metaljuana

Metaljuana

How can I tell when my plants have entered their veg stage?
And if they have pistils already, have I gone too far?
I'm really new to this whole botany thing and especially new to growing buds, as I just moved to Oregon from Utah not too long ago.

Juicebox

Juicebox

A picture is worth a thousand words in this case though and a lot more info about your grow

Metaljuana

Metaljuana

The one has stayed pretty stubby and I'm not sure why. The taller one isn't much older.

18190841 857047997781648 669613139 n
18197442 857047807781667 440395845 n
Juicebox

Juicebox

Im no expert but it looks like she is going into flower on ya...needs more hours of light...better wait for a few more ppl too chime in still

Metaljuana

Metaljuana

Im no expert but it looks like she is going into flower on ya...needs more hours of light...better wait for a few more ppl too chime in still
That's what I was afraid of most! Crap! Can I get it back into veg if it is?

Bannacis

Bannacis

They do look young to be showing preflowers, growing in window sill, possibly not enogh light.
Like juicebox said...18 hours of light. and more of it!!!! as in intensity...or wattage.
Plus get you some grow books and learn the basics. You can also read post of peeps grows, but it could take some time to figure what is good info and bad. There is a lot of procedures through out the grow that may work for someone but not another.

Last edited:
Metaljuana

Metaljuana

I'll look into those books. Thanks for all the info, guys. If I hadn't found this site, my wife would have just plopped them in the ground like we do with our seedlings and killed them. Clones are quite a bit different, I've discovered.
I'll post again with pictures once I finish my new grow box. Probably going to build it with cardboard, duct-tape, glue and Mylar.

Leew421

Leew421

you may want to second think cardboard. There will be moisture and cardboard hates that. I suggest a cheap tent over that. You can source gear at Amazon. Grab a 4x4 for 90 dollars.

Juicebox

Juicebox

Ya home depot sells crappy tents cheap too...but crappy...but better than cardboard...

Bannacis

Bannacis

I have used cardboard in the past, and it worked ok. But as above...the moisture will cause it to curl and it could come apart or collapse. The card board I had came from where I worked and they were large sheets. I had a 4x4 x6 tall. all taped together. It lasted 2 years. used 1x2 wood slats to make a a-frame like swing set to hold lights.
It will work until you can afford a good tent.
Unless you pay top dollar for a tent, they will have light leaks aplenty. I got a cheapy off amazon, it has a bunch of pin holes where the threads are. but I have it in a closed room. so I am able to ensure its dark so no light will leak in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom