super silver

• Thread starter bfox19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bfox19

I got a super silver going site says it is a 90% sativa 10% indica. I am at 7 weeks flowering and the trichoms are looking cloudy. My question is could it be taking on some indica traits and finishing earlier than expected for a predominately sativa variety?

nebulius

nebulius

Hello bfox19!
Is the site you're looking at the one you bought your seeds from?
A SSH from one breeder isn't necessarily going to finish the same time as a SSH from a different breeder.

B

bfox19

Hello bfox19!
Is the site you're looking at the one you bought your seeds from?
A SSH from one breeder isn't necessarily going to finish the same time as a SSH from a different breeder.
hello, yes the site is the one it came from.

P

paulycali

Pics would be great for sure

Are these from seed or clone?

Also, is this the 7th week from first signs of budding or 7th week from flipping the switch to 12/12? You may be at week 9 if your counting from initial budset instead of once flowering is induced ex.12/12

If the trichomes are already cloudy and its only the 7th week then you might have an indica dominant variety. This happens all to much if this variety came in clone form. People will say anything

When it comes to seeds you will see all sorts of phenotypes being expressed. From different growth/structures, flowering times, smells, yields ect. Find the one you like and clone it and mother it out. Keep that bitch forever lol!

Good ole super silver haze :) Gotta love it

I remember getting the best super silver haze up in the Adirondacks. Diggity dank for sure and oh soooo tasty

Good luck and hope she turns out great :)

B

bfox19

Pics would be great for sure

Are these from seed or clone?

Also, is this the 7th week from first signs of budding or 7th week from flipping the switch to 12/12? You may be at week 9 if your counting from initial budset instead of once flowering is induced ex.12/12

If the trichomes are already cloudy and its only the 7th week then you might have an indica dominant variety. This happens all to much if this variety came in clone form. People will say anything

When it comes to seeds you will see all sorts of phenotypes being expressed. From different growth/structures, flowering times, smells, yields ect. Find the one you like and clone it and mother it out. Keep that bitch forever lol!

Good ole super silver haze :) Gotta love it

I remember getting the best super silver haze up in the Adirondacks. Diggity dank for sure and oh soooo tasty

Good luck and hope she turns out great :)
It is from seed. Also it is 7th week from switching over to 12/12. Pics won't load up on here I just get an error message.

Thanks

P

paulycali

You got yourself a idica dominant silver haze variety or your grow conditions were so perfect the ladies grew that much quicker. Possible but doubtful imo. There still might be plenty of sativa effects once you start medicating with her. Quite possible for sure. She may look indica but she just might smoke sativa. You'll just have to wait and see. I sure hope she turns out the way you hoped. If not there is always next time

For your pics. Before uploading them send the pics to paint or other similar programs and resize all pics to 50%. Then save them and start uploading to the farm. Simple as that. Your pics are way to oversized. Minimise them and your set

Good luck bfox19 :)

B

bfox19

You got yourself a idica dominant silver haze variety or your grow conditions were so perfect the ladies grew that much quicker. Possible but doubtful imo. There still might be plenty of sativa effects once you start medicating with her. Quite possible for sure. She may look indica but she just might smoke sativa. You'll just have to wait and see. I sure hope she turns out the way you hoped. If not there is always next time

For your pics. Before uploading them send the pics to paint or other similar programs and resize all pics to 50%. Then save them and start uploading to the farm. Simple as that. Your pics are way to oversized. Minimise them and your set

Good luck bfox19 :)
Thanks paulycali, will look into pic issue.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I read in an article (forgot where) that some sativa dom strains do that, trichs turn cloudy and some amber then after a couple weeks they go back to clear, so just take it the length of time the website tells you, there the ones that grew out that strain hundreds of times. I have no idea why this happens, but maybe what pauly said, it might have something to do with indica traits coming thru, then they go back to sativa, idk??

If I was you I would grow them for as many weeks as the seedbank said, you don't wanna cut down a sativa 2-4 weeks early, your yield would be shitty as hell and the high won't be nearly as good. I'm almost positive if you let it go another couple weeks your gonna see some trichs going clear, someone on this site made a thread about it like last month or something. The same thing happened to his super silver haze.

dorjewright

dorjewright

My Harborside SSH clones always seem to turn cloudy early. They are 9 week strains and at that point there's a scattering of amber trichs. The last grow I chopped at a little over 9 weeks from flip; but the buds looked like they were starting to swell again. I wonder what would have happened if i'd waited? Check out my posts from a few months ago; and try to up load some pics. Its a hair puller strain to grow ; but a super great smoke.

dextr0

dextr0

This is the Super Silver there taking about; its not super silver haze...
Dinafem - Super Silver

The spicy flavour, delightful taste to haze and an intense psychedelic effect are the main features of this strain; with a great mold resistance she can reach a huge size if cultivated outdoors on soil in a sunny environment. It`s not strange to reach 4 m under proper conditions, with production of even 1500gr of shiny resin coated flowers. As with all high production sativas, she needs a lot of nutrients and a ph below 6.3 for a healthy development. Suitable for a SCROG or for being tied and bended outdoors, sometimes is the only option to camouflage her properly, unless our neighbours are friendly plant lovers.

Very high potency, of long duration, stimulates the creativity and appetite, being a strain suited for problems like anorexia.

Flowering time: 70-80 days.
Harvesting Outdoor: 20 - 30 October.
THC: High. (16% - 20%)
CBD: Very low.
Production: High.
Height Outdoor: Up to 4,5 meter.
Genetic: Sativa with 10% Indica.
Crossing: Haze x (Skunk x Northern Lights)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^The name doesn't say "haze", but it is super silver haze. Look at the crossing: haze x skunk x northern lights.

dextr0

dextr0

I saw the crossing...I hope u right cuz I have a fem seed and always wanted ssh but didn't think this was it. Ive seen some pretty ass hues come out of ssh, so if thats the case Imma have to pop mine asap.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I saw the crossing...I hope u right cuz I have a fem seed and always wanted ssh but didn't think this was it. Ive seen some pretty ass hues come out of ssh, so if thats the case Imma have to pop mine asap.

Trust me bro, its SSH. Pop that shit and scrog the fuck outta it, good luck.

B

bfox19

This is the Super Silver there taking about; its not super silver haze...
Dinafem - Super Silver

The spicy flavour, delightful taste to haze and an intense psychedelic effect are the main features of this strain; with a great mold resistance she can reach a huge size if cultivated outdoors on soil in a sunny environment. It`s not strange to reach 4 m under proper conditions, with production of even 1500gr of shiny resin coated flowers. As with all high production sativas, she needs a lot of nutrients and a ph below 6.3 for a healthy development. Suitable for a SCROG or for being tied and bended outdoors, sometimes is the only option to camouflage her properly, unless our neighbours are friendly plant lovers.

Very high potency, of long duration, stimulates the creativity and appetite, being a strain suited for problems like anorexia.

Flowering time: 70-80 days.
Harvesting Outdoor: 20 - 30 October.
THC: High. (16% - 20%)
CBD: Very low.
Production: High.
Height Outdoor: Up to 4,5 meter.
Genetic: Sativa with 10% Indica.
Crossing: Haze x (Skunk x Northern Lights)
That is where my seed came from, I read it is a super silver haze dinafem just calls it super silver.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That is where my seed came from, I read it is a super silver haze dinafem just calls it super silver.

You are correct bfox and thanks for the verification. Nobody is at fault here, its the seedbanks/breeders fault for changing/making up there own name for a strain that is already established in the cannabis seeds industry.

Look at ChemDog from GHS, its an OG Kush x Sour Diesel, now look at Sour Kush from DNA, its a Sour Diesel x OG Kush. Two different seedbanks have almost identical strains with 2 diferent names. Yeah, the OG is female for GHS and the Sour D is female for DNA, but I bet if anybody took a blind smoke test from both strains (ChemDog and Sour Kush) over 90%of smokers would not be able to tell the difference.

The point is, money. These seedbanks (not all) are corporations that need to make alot of money through marketing and some of them are doing a great job at it.

B

bfox19

DSC00478
DSC00476
DSC00481

here are a few pics

Top Bottom