Super Skunk Not Smelling Super

• Thread starter Vapourizer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vapourizer

Hi fellow growers. This is my first post and my first grow. I have harvested my Auto Super Skunk and cut the branches off. I then hung them in my grow tent with the light off and just the inline fan running on low. I checked them each day, and by day 4 they felt quite dry on the outside but the stems didn't snap, they would bend. Not wanting to dry it out to quickly, (as you cant put the moisture back in) I then proceeded to jar them up with Calibre IV hygrometers in each jar. The Rh was getting over 70% for at least a week, so I burped them on and off over the last two weeks, but they smell like hay? I didn't think I did to bad up until this point. Do I let it cure for a few months and hope that gorgeous smell comes back or have I wrecked this lot?! I heard drying and curing was a tricky process to get right, I just need to know what is going on with this right now. Any help from you experienced growers would be great ;)

william76

william76

May still need a few days but it should be reeking still,if uv jarred it too quick that wont help either,but is it sensis ssk from seed bought lately?if so thats ur problem.last pack i had was the same,hardly any smell and not much of a buzz either.76

V

Vapourizer

I bought from SensiSeeds and got Automatic White Label Super Skunk. I have vapourized some today and its been a good hit. Theres just no adour appeal. If it picks up in the next 4 to 8 weeks I will update this thread

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Either you harvested too early or you jarred it too quickly. As a rule of thumb, you want to let the bud to be able to snap off of them stem rather easily. Even though it won't feel like it you'll have plenty of moisture and that will come out immediately upon jarring. Hope that helps. This is the one area that most people make mistakes, jarring and drying are difficult gage. I keep all my head smoke untrimmed and on the stem for a as long as possible.

Tat2420

Tat2420

I have been hearing lately that through breeding techniques and what not that the pungent skunk aroma was actually being bred out of cannibas.
This was told to me by a budtendr at my local med store when I was complaining that Skunk varieties now possess hardly any aroma.
Anyway, I haven't actually researched it myself cause I somewhat blew them off as most dispensary weed is mediocre at best.
Just thought is throw that out there see if anyone here knows about it.
Stay lifted

Tat2420

Tat2420

I have been hearing lately that through breeding techniques and what not that the pungent skunk aroma was actually being bred out of cannibas.
This was told to me by a budtendr at my local med store when I was complaining that Skunk varieties now possess hardly any aroma.
Anyway, I haven't actually researched it myself cause I somewhat blew them off as most dispensary weed is mediocre at best.
Just thought is throw that out there see if anyone here knows about it.
Stay lifted

Bearfamfarm

Bearfamfarm

I have found that if you think they are too dry while hanging to put a black plastic trash bag over it overnight while you sleep. Then when u check it in morning the crunchiness will be gone mostly and it will be moist again. I do this for he last 2-3 days then trim and jar. I notice the smell gets stronger and the chlorophyll smell goes away faster for me. Good luck man. Hope it comes out ok.

Leew421

Leew421

You need to let the whole plant hang for at least 6-7 days. You want the stem of the leaf to break off when you bend it. Those are some of the last to dry out. Run a well circulated room and about 45-60% rh around 65-80 degrees. Cooler the better. Solves that problem real quick. When ready to harvest cut the main stem and hang everything. The leaves left on protect the buds

V

Vapourizer

You need to let the whole plant hang for at least 6-7 days. You want the stem of the leaf to break off when you bend it. Those are some of the last to dry out. Run a well circulated room and about 45-60% rh around 65-80 degrees. Cooler the better. Solves that problem real quick. When ready to harvest cut the main stem and hang everything. The leaves left on protect the buds
I will try this on my next grow. I have another super skunk on the way. Should be ready to chop by July. I have seen numerous people on the internet that dry the plant whole.
Thanks for your input

V

Vapourizer

I bought from SensiSeeds and got Automatic White Label Super Skunk. I have vapourized some today and its been a good hit. Theres just no adour appeal. If it picks up in the next 4 to 8 weeks I will update this thread
I will keep an eye on this then

JMcG

JMcG

Whole plant hang... 14 days, 50 -60 temps, 50-60 Rh. Into jars and burp until rh levels out at around 50% ish, and then leave them til you are ready to consume.
My .02 anyway!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
70% rh remove from jar for an hour
60 to 65% rh just burp the jars every day

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Man its hard to find a good skunk these daze, all the so called skunk strains ive seen the last few years have been bs, i would love to find some of that old school pungent af roadkill skunk again :smoking:

JMcG

JMcG

I did a couple of runs using White Skunk from Sensis White Label last year. REALLY nice. Excellent flavor and aroma, not necessarily old school skunk smell but a very strong floral, sweet as candy taste and smell. One of my faves for sure!

Funk junky

Funk junky

i now hang the whole plant taking off just bigger leaves how many depends on whether I think its special or not ( if is special less leaves as slow dry makes for smoother tasting buds)! but when I used to chop n trim the day they are ready is the day I open the cupboard and think oh no what fuckers nicked half my gear!!!! only shocks you the first time though. like others said the buds have to snap off. even if bud is crispy on the outside there is still moisture inside. curing is basicaly drying the bud slowly and evenly! and yes you can put moisture back by using peel from fruit or veg (preferably fruit flavour wise). but if I have ever had a mishap and dried something too much just don't burp jars for a bit but check everyday have gone up to week doing this and the moisture comes back! sometimes its better to have a fuck up somewhere for learning curve to happen. hope I could help

Top Bottom