Super Small Whiteish Catapiller Like Bugs Leaving Slime Trails??

• Thread starter mauiinfinity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

anyone know what it is and if I should be worried about it... my room has been bug free for some time... I have dealt with spider mites and white flys but never seen these little slow slugish moving things.. I noticed one on my stem of one of my plants when sexing it.. It turned out to be a girl! Next morning I checked on them in my tent and the one plant had slimy trails on the tops of it stop leaves... anyone know what they are do these spread fast? Im gonna do my normal procedures and isolate the one plant spray it with neem oil and clean it. It was touching the other girls though is what worries me

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

Magnifying 2015 05 21 07 40 57

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never dealt with anything like that, but if they move slowly it would suggest it's a plant-feeder, and quite possibly a pest. I wonder what a treatment with Spinosad would do.

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

I decided to get 300 ladybugs and let them go to town in the tent. I sprayed everything down and spent three hrs looking very closely and killing any I saw.. just scared of more hatching so here come the lady bugs!!!!!!!!! Last year got completely wiped out by spider mites! not going to happen again!

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

I know thrips leave a shiney trail and russets are very small and would be more elongated then round. Could be thrips and spinosad would be my first choice at 3 applications 5-6 days apart! No spinosad now or youll kill the ladybugs!

S

slap14

I use Monterey Garden Insect Spray. Works great for thrips, it's cheap and easy to get. Oh and it's OMRI. If you had to get something thrips are fairly easy to control.;) I believe Dr Doom has Pyrethrin which should work but kinda overkill in my opinion.

Also the Monterey is safe for your ladybird beetles. The Dr Doom will kill them.

Good Luck

Slap

mauiinfinity

mauiinfinity

what about if I dr doom first then wait a week and introduce the ladybugs? I will pick up a bottle of the Monterey next order though that does look like something to have on hand..

Myco

Myco

Definitely thrips. If you look very closely you can see those little black dots; which is their excrement.

Like @slap14 said - Monterey Insect Spray (spinosad) knocks them right out. Sometimes even just one application if you've caught them soon enough, but following up is obviously preferred.

Even when I haven't been trading clones I'll see thrips pop up every so often, like once a year. Living out in the "country" I suspect they find their way in from outside. So I'm accustomed to those little pricks. Definitely the one pest I'd take over any other; however before the popularity/availability of Spinosad they could be a bitch to control for some folks.

Get on a regular neem oil/spinosad program and you'll never see spidermites or thrips again...

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

like others have said neem oil works great. Ive had thrips for a little while now and i use both organicide and Kapow. Both work great. anyone else have comments on kapow and organicide?

Top Bottom