"Super soil cooking" add compost tea?

• Thread starter gjreeves88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Ok for next round I am using Roots Greenlite soil amended with extra..
EWC

Alfalfa meal

Kelp meal

soft rock phosphate

oyster shell

a little diatomaceous earth

and a nice dose of extra perlite..

Its currently sitting in a tub outside "cooking" and will do this for atleast 4-6 weeks until i can start my next grow..

Would adding a simple compost tea like Ewc/molasses / sea weed extract and caps bennies "root pack" to the soil help in getting things going with the cooking of the soil?

Also I am in the middle of doing a grow right now with the Greenlite by itself and i hardly fed in veg and ive hardly fed so far in flower as well.. Im using CAPS teas so im sure thats helping..do you think i should add some guano to my super soil mix I really wanna only have to use my Roots Hp2 (0-2-0) and my roots hpk (0-5-4) for my next grow.. some of these super soils seems soooo packed full of stuff that i feel theres no way the plant needs that much..end rant

Mogrow

Mogrow

Ok for next round I am using Roots Greenlite soil amended with extra..
EWC

Alfalfa meal

Kelp meal

soft rock phosphate

oyster shell

a little diatomaceous earth

and a nice dose of extra perlite..

Its currently sitting in a tub outside "cooking" and will do this for atleast 4-6 weeks until i can start my next grow..

Would adding a simple compost tea like Ewc/molasses / sea weed extract and caps bennies "root pack" to the soil help in getting things going with the cooking of the soil?

Also I am in the middle of doing a grow right now with the Greenlite by itself and i hardly fed in veg and ive hardly fed so far in flower as well.. Im using CAPS teas so im sure thats helping..do you think i should add some guano to my super soil mix I really wanna only have to use my Roots Hp2 (0-2-0) and my roots hpk (0-5-4) for my next grow.. some of these super soils seems soooo packed full of stuff that i feel theres no way the plant needs that much..end rant
i "inoculated" my dirt with a kelp/alfalfa tea during cooking. think i put some of cap's bennies in there too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some of the microbes will be active, but others (the mycorrhizae) need to be in presence of plant roots to grow and thrive. I can't recall how long they'll live in absence of roots, I think it's a week or two but I really can't be sure.

Only thing I would add to that mix is Azomite, bentonite or similar volcanic dust for micronutrients. You may very well need to add some guano for additional N, since cannabis does like her N, but I personally would wait and do a grow or two using this mix as it is before changing it up to something hotter.

gjreeves88

gjreeves88

Some of the microbes will be active, but others (the mycorrhizae) need to be in presence of plant roots to grow and thrive. I can't recall how long they'll live in absence of roots, I think it's a week or two but I really can't be sure.

Only thing I would add to that mix is Azomite, bentonite or similar volcanic dust for micronutrients. You may very well need to add some guano for additional N, since cannabis does like her N, but I personally would wait and do a grow or two using this mix as it is before changing it up to something hotter.

Ok thanks and awesome I did add azomite just forgot to list it..

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Ok thanks and awesome I did add azomite just forgot to list it..
Its perfectly fine to spray your super soil with compost teas.. i've done this many times and it does help to get the micro herd going.... Id leave the CAPs packs out for now or anything with Mycorrhizae, i'd use those after I plant... Peace

Top Bottom