super soil help ! need some knowledge

• Thread starter Greenhousegarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenhousegarden

Greenhousegarden

hey buds ! ive been growing for about 4 year on and off so it never fails im always learning something new

now i just came by something call " super soil " which from my understanding is a mix of coco , soil and many other things

first question can i buy it pre made ? lol if so what company do you recommend ?

second question what ph balance will i follow ?

their would i be able to use my house of garden feeding menu ? ( coco )

and if you guys can share your experience with this kind of medium .

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if you use "super soil" you dont need any additional feeding and ph is not an issue. there are lots that are premade. many people use the concentrate by nature's living soil, there are others too, i am currently using purple cow indicanja and i have started some with the natures living soil. there seems to be two basic ways of using it, one, fill the bottom third with super soil and the rest with bushdoctor cocoloco. if you use the concentrate, you mix it according to the bag. then use that in the bottom third. the other way is to mix it with bushdoctor cocoloco and fill the container, you will need to buffer the planting area, by that i mean, use a solo cup and make a hole at least that big, fill it with just the potting soil and that will give it room to grow to a point not to get burned.

if it needs more nutes, just sprinkle some on top and water.

i found that it does best with transplants, i used it in the 1 gallon, then 3 gallon or 5 gallon. with the autos i started in a 5 gallon and it did ok, just not like the ones that got new dirt in the transplant.

Last edited:
kevinfever

kevinfever

hey buds ! ive been growing for about 4 year on and off so it never fails im always learning something new

now i just came by something call " super soil " which from my understanding is a mix of coco , soil and many other things

first question can i buy it pre made ? lol if so what company do you recommend ?

second question what ph balance will i follow ?

their would i be able to use my house of garden feeding menu ? ( coco )

and if you guys can share your experience with this kind of medium .
I'm from Ontario and you can get pre made around here check out "u cann" its made by Gaia green or Bridgeman family farms , more fun to make your own tho. Subcool has a recipe

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I make my own potting soil and I also add my own diy compost to get the bacteria going. Im recycling everything now but if you want a simple no fuss potting soil recipe that is guaranteed to work well its easy. 1/3 Pete Moss, 1/3 Manure (Cow, Horse, or Chicken), 1/3 Perlite or Course Vermiculite. I have grown hundreds of plants in all types of soil. Some soils claim to be miracle products and promise special results but honestly that simple mix can grow plants so good that anything else hasn't been worth the extra money to me. That is a sterile mix but if you want to wake it up you can add a packet of Mycorrhizal Fungi/bacteria starter. Also Azomite is another extra additive it helps boost essential minerals. Once you add the starter packet you can water the soil with a little molasses added to help increases sugars for the bacteria to grow. Time is the best thing to have when making soil because when you start adding composts and keep stirring it the bacteria keep breaking everything down and it gets better and better. When it starts smelling like that classic "dirt" smell then you know its getting good. I love that smell its almost like how the forrest smells in a very ironic way it smells clean. Thats when the soil its super healthy and ready to rock 🤘

Greenhousegarden

Greenhousegarden

if you use "super soil" you dont need any additional feeding and ph is not an issue. there are lots that are premade. many people use the concentrate by nature's living soil, there are others too, i am currently using purple cow indicanja and i have started some with the natures living soil. there seems to be two basic ways of using it, one, fill the bottom third with super soil and the rest with bushdoctor cocoloco. if you use the concentrate, you mix it according to the bag. then use that in the bottom third. the other way is to mix it with bushdoctor cocoloco and fill the container, you will need to buffer the planting area, by that i mean, use a solo cup and make a hole at least that big, fill it with just the potting soil and that will give it room to grow to a point not to get burned.

if it needs more nutes, just sprinkle some on top and water.

i found that it does best with transplants, i used it in the 1 gallon, then 3 gallon or 5 gallon. with the autos i started in a 5 gallon and it did ok, just not like the ones that got new dirt in the transplant.
thanks for this great info bud! i use tap water so ph wont be an issue ? just water .

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
let the tap water sit out to get rid of the chlorine and yes, you can use that

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

I use subcool’s recipe add microbes once/week and water only unless I’m trying to push the plants more then I’ll add bottled organics.
Mix it correctly and it’s water only throughout.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
most of the "recipes", whether premix or diy mix are based on supercool's recipe, he gets credit for starting the super soil thing. to make it yourself for a few plants is not cost effective.

if you have to add things, like once a week adding microbes or liquid nutes seems a waste, just go that route. if you use either living soil or super soil you should be able to not add anything weekly or every watering.

sounds like that is an effort to combine methods, which is great, just not really something i would get behind a new grower doing.

for my plants, they seem fine and they just started week 4 of flower. i added a little to the top of the soil of one to see what happens, ill let you know as it goes, it is one that is in a 3 gallon pot and had issues earlier... long story

Latest posts

Top Bottom