Super Soil , Hydroponic ,Organic Super Lemon Haze Grow

• Thread starter wcrythm23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wcrythm23

Advancing into one of the most comprehensive and most debated topic of horticulture."Can Organic and Hydroponic co-exist in the same system".I am doing this all for the love of a strain I recently fell in love with.Super Lemon Haze.I have read that this strains does better in soil and that in organic you will get better flavor.So i got the idea to get creative and see what I could come up with.
I have recently used the Super locker 2.0 using technaflora nutes and got mediocre results growing three plants.The plants got to lanky and always found myself tying them to one another to control the growth.Had to top them multiple times to prevent them from burning.I started them with the 150 w. hps that came with the system and later towards the sixth week of flowering upgraded to a 400w hps. and noticed huge results in the plants growth. the SLH performed the best out of sage and white widow.
I then decided that at max I should only grow two at a time do to space. Therefore they should be clones of the same strain.Another issue I had was growing three diff strains at once in the same rez.One of which was SLH which had a longer flower period of 11 weeks.was hard at flushing time.

My Goal is to grow two Identical Organic SLH clones hydroponically in a more soil like fashion while using Co2.Here is what Im using:

:Super locker 2.0

-400 w MH(for veg)
-400 w HPS (yes i know your thinking 400 w in such a small space)*Co2 plants will tolerate higher temps. as long as the resovoir stays cool.
-Aeroponics/top feed drip hydroponics on timers
-Co2 Boost for flower
-Activated carbon air filter
-Also upgraded the size of the internal circulation fan
-3 psi. water pump w. filter bag recirculating nutrients
-Also my Nute Rez is wrapped in Insulant.And Black totally Light tight

? GO says that should not use air stones with nutes so it doesn't foam, and to have big bubbles. I have two air tubes held down with air stones bubbling with large bubbles,but I feel like having a small air stone also in there might benefit the roots that sit in the rez.Also you don't have to worry about the Ph of this nutrient do to the organic way in which the nutrients are broken down and made available to your plants.

:Nutrients
-General Organics
(bio thrive:grow and bloom,cal mag,bio bud,bud candy,diamond black:for soil only,as they say not to incorporate it with a rezovoir or hydro. Not using bio root, or bio marine or bio weed, do to the nature of them stinking and being really thick)

:Supplements
-Great White
-HygroZyme

:Medium
-3" net pot (bottoms removed for extra root growth)
-3" coco tek basket liner(keep soil like material out of rez)
-50% coco coir soil
-25% hydroton
-15%rockwool 2" grow plug
-10% ancient forest (layer on top only)(should I mix with coco coir?)
-coco coir lids
-use diamond black once a week as a flush of the medium only do not add it to my resovoir

So with all that said hopefully you have decent picture of the task under way.
First thing is to get two identical clones of a healthy strong mother.Ive started two seedlings feminized versions of the SLH in 2" rockwool cubes as to have two plants to choose from.I inoculated the taproots with great White mycorrhizae.My 12 plant resovoir also being light tight has two hoses,airating the organic nutes with large bubbles.Nute mix for the 2 gallons is the light feed amounts of bio grow and cal mag suggested on GO feeding schedule.Also very important to oxygenate /declorinat your water for 24 hours before adding organics so you dont kill off the beneficials..Also using hygrozyme and great white in my resovoir as well to help wit the beneficial's and enzymes to keep the resovoir clean. Im cleaning and changing resovoir every three days.They will only be in this chamber until they develop good root and foliage growth .About 3-4'' tall 7-10 days.
Once they have rooted properly I will then transfer both seedlings to my grow chamber after transplanting them( into 3" net pot lined with cocotek liner with a medium of 50% coco coir soil ,25% hydroton ,15% 2" rockwool grow cube placed in the center, 10% ancient forest layer on top only covered with a coir cover),I will then place the plants in there appropriate spot on my resovoir lid.On a feeding regimen of every three hours: 15 min water/feed.They will be under a 400 w. MH. Temps are between 75 85 degrees.I have frozen water bottles to control resovoir tempts and both my resovoirs are insulated.My internal circulation fans is always on to build strong plants by circulating air.

All this just to get two clones so i can do it all over again Perfect.. ohh well totally worth it.

I hope anyone out there can provide me even with the littlest tweak or something that would integrate into my vision.i graciously accept any information to help me better understand the way to make this work well.
thank you for all reading this and providing info.I hope this helps anyone out there who is looking to accomplish a similar grow

W

wcrythm23

Soil Fertigation

Heres an Awsome link About Soil Fertigation, using hydroponic techniques with a soil like based medium.

<http://www.integralhydro.com/soilscience.html>

Latest posts

Top Bottom