Super Soil Question

• Thread starter BlakeThen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BlakeThen

A lot of the super soil mixtures I see seem really hot. I have fifteen blackberry kush plants five weeks into veg going pre-flower. I am about to transplant into five gallons. I am administering compost-tea with Alaskan forest humus, humic acid, fish hydrolsat, endo and ecto, kelp, and alfalfa. The question is, should I bother making something like Subby's super soil mix, and simply layer like a few inches to a half pot on the bottom with Roots Organic potting soil on top? Otherwise I will continue with the baisc Roots Organic plus some supplemental worm castings and a few other things. If I do go this route, should I add some guano into the compost-tea later to compensate? Thank you in advance for any and all advice.

-Blake

hubcap

hubcap

i agree blakethen.
most soil mixes I see are 'hot.'

but, were lucky with organics.....marijuana, like most plants, are hard to 'burn' with organics. while it CAN happen, organics are just not as harsh as chem ferts. this is evident in how much easier chem ferts can burn a plant, as opposed to organic ferts.

also, using organics in super soils, it takes time to break down, or chleate the organics into 'useable feed' for the roots. this is why people tend to go a lil heavy up front, so, over time, the soil stays charged a lil longer.

at least, thats my take on it.

but, youre right, most mixes would, and should, be considered hot.

-cap

D

Dulce

Well what you seem to be saying is that you want to make the Subby mix to use for a Top Dressing. Seeing how Sub's mix requires a lot of ingredients that can get kinda expensive, plue the fact that it requires a 30 day cure time, I would say there are much better, less time consuming and less costly choices than this.

Since you seem to have a comprehension of Teas, why not just stay the course and add a high P Guano while cutting the Alfalfa and Kelp??

Good Luck

~D~

B

BlakeThen

Sound advice, thank you both. I think I may just do that and add some of that fruit bat guano into my tea. My thoughts regarding the soil mixture were actually to use it not as a top dressing, but simply as a half and half mixture. I may just wait till next cycle and try a batch with subby's mixture for the sake of experimentation. From what it sounds like, if they are healthy enough going into it, they will probably do fine.

B

BlakeThen

In addition, what am I to expect as far as variation on my tea's ph when I add say a teaspoon of guano? My last tea was low on the ph scale, so I figure based on my comprehension I need to brew for longer to allow more bacteria to develop?

J

johard59

As you said super soil , which is really a great mixture, normally compost, and your super mix is good, so u mix is hot, as water it, through dropings continiously, till the flowering starts. also check the ph level of the soil. :swear

Top Bottom