super soil question

• Thread starter sonar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sonar

I wanna switch to organics and try subs super soil for ease, and flavor.. I have done maybe 5 cycles total using pure blend, b-1, and liuid black.. some strains were better than others but never had that flavor to it.. I got some vortex and larry OG for next time and i want to do it right.. Im not a nutrient guru so i figured i would try it.. My question is do you have to let it sit for that long before you use it? It would be stored in the garage and its snowing this time of year here so its freezing if that matters.. Also i dont need so much..Can the recipe be cut in half? Thnx for any info on this

ridge og

ridge og

subs super soil

What up sonar. I just started farming and using subs mix. I didnt let it sit in the sun and it worked fine. Cutting the mix in half wont be a problem. a friend is using fox farm and the taste is alright . I like the soil mix better . Good luck.

M

Mauihaole

Done subs soil b4 outsode in maui works badass I also used caps tea and some rainbow mix grow/bloom and guano grow /bloom as top feed at grow feed times with occational Earth Juice organic nutes worked azazing best run ever out of the 15 plus runs Ive done in Maui

S

ssteely71

To help answer your questions.....be aware I'm very new to "organic".

You DONT have to let super soil cook for 30days like sub reccomends....BUT...it DOES need to cook for some time before all the nutrients become available to the plant. I'm playing with a soil mix very similiar to sub's and have used it freshly mixed and after letting it cook for 20-30 days. The clones reacted better to the cooked soil... When put into freshly mixed soil clones didn't grow as fast and showed slight signs of nute burn. An idea that maybe can help....
Mix your super soil and put it into the size pots your going to use then put those inside your house somewhere warmer than your garage for a couple of weeks It won't cook as good in small pots but it will give the myco and bennies some time to start doing their job before use.

And yes you can make your soil in 1/2 or 1/4 or even 1/8th size batches.
Best of luck !

Top Bottom