super soil recipes and other "True living organic" talk

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

i am doing my first outdoor grow this year and I'm reading a lot of different things about super soils as well as read the Revs true living organics book. my goal is to build a super spoil that i will have to "just add water" to throughout my summer run. any recipes, advice or pointers for growing this way would be greatly appreciated. thanks

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i am doing my first outdoor grow this year and I'm reading a lot of different things about super soils as well as read the Revs true living organics book. my goal is to build a super spoil that i will have to "just add water" to throughout my summer run. any recipes, advice or pointers for growing this way would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Let it set already mixed so it finishes composting or gets past the hot part like oldproLG stated it can get hot and I read that TLO book also be prepared for making some teas also good luck

Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry

I buy a super soil mix on ebay from seller sck454 . Its all the ammendments you need start to finish. The company mixing instructions used to be: mix the enitre pkg with four 1.5 cu/ft bags of quality organic potting mix, and 50 lbs of EWC. If mixed that way you will end up with about 2 trash cans full of dirt. Let it cook for about a month. I like to dump it all out after 2 weeks and mix again and then put it back in the cans for 2 more weeks.

I have been using these nutes for over a year now and I mix them a little differently.

I mix in

1 Pkg super soil from ebay. (PM me for a link. Its not my auction but I don't know the rules about posting links to outside auction sites)
1 cu/ft Perlite
2 35 lb bags of composted steer manure (in place of 50 lbs EWC)
5 bags Fox Farms Ocean Forest

I mix this up and put it in garbage cans. I add a half a bucket (2.5 gals) of EWC tea or OGbiobrew per trash can to get the soil cooking. Then I put the lid on and let it sit for 2 weeks. Then I dump it out mix it up again and put it back in the cans for a couple more weeks.

When I use it in my containers, I use FFOF for my base mix. I put 1/3 - 1/2 pot of the super soil in the bottom of the pot then I put the rooted transplant into the pot and fill in around it with my base mix.

After that, I just use hard tap water when using this mix outdoors. Indoors, I use RO and add in calmag at 1 tsp per 5 gal water. Start to finish just add water. It works pretty well.

Last year I used this mix and got 22 ounces from a Sensi Hash Plant in a 100 gallon smart pot in a green house.

Last edited:
masshole61

masshole61

If you are interested in the rev's mix, slap14 has it on lock, page 3 of the post your organic soil mix. I used his mix and added extra EWC and compost and ended up with two big trash cans full. Lost of respect for slap14 for breaking down the book into a user friendly list of ammendments and soil bags. I just mixed it up a batchand am letting it cook with an ACT tea with caps' bennies.

S

Smoody

Last year i used super organic Home made soil mix. Depends: old sheep and chicken guano, wich are stayed 5 years and is now soil. This i mixed 2/1 with horse poops. The result was dramatic. A lot nitro in mix and when added banana for long lasting was fenomenal grow. In all vege period i used only water for 4 meters monsters.

d420dool

d420dool

Black gold and pro mix as base and epsoma ammendments, cook for a month, good to go

sensicloud

sensicloud

303, are you looking for something that you can start using right away or something that will need to sit and "cook" for a while?

Top Bottom