Super Stardawg Hermaphrodite!

• Thread starter baba G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
lol
I've flowered many seeds out before and at the size that some would say is not mature enough...Never seen a herm, it's genetic if it isn't environmental and out of the hundreds of seedlings I've flowered out early in their life I've never had that experience. I see many clones get herms, so what is the story on that maturity of the plant? A clone is very mature...especially if the mother plant is a year old or so.
You can flower seeds right out, just end up with a smaller plant, no maturity problems ime

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
That's just my experience, so it's no authority.
I have had seedlings put out better flowers on the second run of them, but that usually entails that I'm learning from the first time I grew the seedling and do better at dialing in the genetics.
But, hermies because you flowered a seedling out too early, doesn't sound right in my book..

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

That rule has never played true in my experience either. I flowered 100's of seeds right away never had issues. Member when Herb did the grow of nothing but seedlings people were doubting and doubting the whole thread and grow and in the end he straight killed it. Not a one hiccup. popping 50 seeds flowering em right away choosing the males and females based on what traits im looking for visibly and open pollinating is what ive always done with my crosses. I choose traits from an over all group of plants. It makes it easier to see how often traits pop up. Gives me a better Idea of which way a cross is leaning. When i can visually see and count how often a pheno pops up from generation to generation. In the end I can really speed through four or five even six generations in a year, just by not maturing seedlings. This method leads to very homogenous crosses fairly quickly. sometimes you just gotta hunt through immature seeds if things are on different time tables. but Taking pictures and keeping notes help you hunt down which generations maybe had something special and when youve takin a cross too far and maybe lost something you were trying to shoot for in the cross. Pheno hunting is one thing and breeding is another. Normally takes a round or two too see a plants full potential from both like what baba said user errors but also genetic maturity. But you can still completely tell a plants traits by flowering from seed. Flowering from seed has really done nothing but help me cull faster any hermies or runt traits.

true grit

true grit

Nah its just the stardawg genetics. Def know many a folk who has gotten herms outta the lineage. Not saying they aren't amazing (my cut is still top in my garden) but I have gone through several herms during the process and so have homies. Def not a maturity issue.

BNUTTHEHUT

BNUTTHEHUT

Nah its just the stardawg genetics. Def know many a folk who has gotten herms outta the lineage. Not saying they aren't amazing (my cut is still top in my garden) but I have gone through several herms during the process and so have homies. Def not a maturity issue.
I have a cut that throws balls around day 70. Never had anything like this though

Top Bottom