Super sticky curing

• Thread starter Seriesnuns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Hey all.

My grapey Walter is curing. So many crystals on the buds it’s super sticky.

Doing my best when I burp to get them moving around but they are literally sticking to the glass.

Using a chop stick to move them around.

Anyone have any advice? I’m almost positive the bud is dry. I gave it an extra couple days in my dry box.

DD84AF64 1335 4882 B267 C1B1DFE1491E
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sticking to the glass sounds like wet weed to me. I would remove and carefully inspect for mold. Then if bud stems still are bendy put in paper shopping bags in a shallow layer and fold over. Mix them maybe twice a day until they are dry enough for jars.

Sticky resinous bud still develops hard trichomes that should rattle against the glass.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sticking to the glass sounds like wet weed to me. I would remove and carefully inspect for mold. Then if bud stems still are bendy put in paper shopping bags in a shallow layer and fold over. Mix them maybe twice a day until they are dry enough for jars.

Sticky resinous bud still develops hard trichomes that should rattle against the glass.
I agree whole heartedly.probably needs a wee bit more drying.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree whole heartedly.probably needs a wee bit more drying.

When people say the weed is super sticky i always worry. It makes me think of an old friend that went down south and said when they harvested they could stick the buds to the wall and let it dry there. 100% humidity and 100 degrees. Yuck!

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Thanks for the info guys! The humidity has been up since my last dry session. Now I got my AC’s on it should be coming down some.

What should I look for during the paper bag dry out? When should they be ready to move back into glad jars for curing?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the info guys! The humidity has been up since my last dry session. Now I got my AC’s on it should be coming down some.

What should I look for during the paper bag dry out? When should they be ready to move back into glad jars for curing?

I do it all by feel and smell. You dont want it too dry and you dont want it to feel wet.

All buds can be different densities and all our rooms and environments are different.

Its kind of an art. Trial and error. I followed the info in jorje geow bible first time. Grow weed easy dot com has a nice tutorial on drying weed.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Frosty looking bud! I use a humidity controlled drying room & I use hygrometers in my jars, good luck!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I like to let the buds dry until the stem snaps, not bends. This usually takes a while since the moisture has to work it's way out of the stem. If you put them in jars before this happens, the moisture from the stems slowly diffuses into the buds, making them damp and subject to mold. Once they get to a mostly dry state, the paper bag trick s good for slowing down the evaporation to avoid dry and flavorless buds, but allows enough moisture to escape to allow for full drying without mold.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I like to let the buds dry until the stem snaps, not bends. This usually takes a while since the moisture has to work it's way out of the stem. If you put them in jars before this happens, the moisture from the stems slowly diffuses into the buds, making them damp and subject to mold. Once they get to a mostly dry state, the paper bag trick s good for slowing down the evaporation to avoid dry and flavorless buds, but allows enough moisture to escape to allow for full drying without mold.
I like to get it were the twig on the inside snaps but the nug itself still has a wee tad o moisture.i use boveda packs.the ones I,v got cure it exactly the way I like it were it comes out the jar and needs to be left for 5/10 mins to get the perfect dryness.i feel the levels of moisture with the boveda really helps bring the terps out more.
All growers who have been at it a good few years know that u can get the best genetics,grow with all the best equipment and nutrition with all the best methods and have your plants packing with the best and terpiest of nugs but you can still fuck the whole harvest up if you don't get the dry and cure right.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Looks like the overnight in the bag got the outside crisp and not super sticky icky. I also grabbed a hydrometer from the local cigar shop.

What RH in the jar do you all see for the first couple weeks of cure?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks like the overnight in the bag got the outside crisp and not super sticky icky. I also grabbed a hydrometer from the local cigar shop.

What RH in the jar do you all see for the first couple weeks of cure?
Mine go into the jar at 60% RH (or 1% under, but never over)

Wolfe

Wolfe

This post. People complaining about sticky weed might not be growing it. And this will probably piss them off but I don’t care. Yes dry the plant, when the stem to the bud snaps, jar it and rotate the plant. People even after doing this my weed still sticks to the wall. And is sticky as fuck for like a year. Every time you break up weed , you could scrape your fingers for hash. After 3 days I can smoke my weed with no headache from chlorophyll and it will burn clean and leave white ash. People will think I’m full of shit. Not true. I’ve bought plenty of dispensary crap and know a lot of other growers. No way in hell is that weed sticky. All this new age commercial “dank”. Yes you most likely put it in a jar a little early. But I assure people sticky weed still exist.

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I like to get it were the twig on the inside snaps but the nug itself still has a wee tad o moisture.i use boveda packs.the ones I,v got cure it exactly the way I like it were it comes out the jar and needs to be left for 5/10 mins to get the perfect dryness.i feel the levels of moisture with the boveda really helps bring the terps out more.
All growers who have been at it a good few years know that u can get the best genetics,grow with all the best equipment and nutrition with all the best methods and have your plants packing with the best and terpiest of nugs but you can still fuck the whole harvest up if you don't get the dry and cure right.
Had the very thing happen last grow with Grandaddy Purp. The plant was huge, the yield was super and full of very nice nuggets. During the drying/curing process, my "apprentice" didn't figure that letting them sit undisturbed instead of rotating them to allow for uniform drying, would matter too much. I have a few half gallon jars full of GDP that smells like 80s commercial weed. Just a little moldy smelling, just a trace, but enough to ruin it except to give it away to folks who always want free smoke. It only took 24 hours to ruin nearly 6 months of work. I haven't screwed up a grow in decades, but drying and curing still has screwed me up more than once. The dry and cure is the hardest part, IMO. I still sweat every time I do this, even after 30+ years.

Gaijeans

Gaijeans

Hey all.

My grapey Walter is curing. So many crystals on the buds it’s super sticky.

Doing my best when I burp to get them moving around but they are literally sticking to the glass.

Using a chop stick to move them around.

Anyone have any advice? I’m almost positive the bud is dry. I gave it an extra couple days in my dry box.
Okay, obviously these guys have never grown the super sticky but it happens. Especially on outdoor grows. If you dry sticky weed too long it becomes crispy or as i call it, "crunchy buds" I Love Sticky crunchy weef. Super high THC content but normally like the buf itdelf its light.snd .in colour too from all of that redin. Ehat you need to do is shorten drying and add extra days to curing. Youll be glad you did!!

Gaijeans

Gaijeans

Okay, obviously these guys have never grown the super sticky but it happens. Especially on outdoor grows. If you dry sticky weed too long it becomes crispy or as i call it, "crunchy buds" I Love Sticky crunchy weed. Super high THC content but normally like the bud itself it's light in weight and in colour too from all of that resin. What you need to do is shorten drying and add extra days to curing. You'll be glad you did!! (Corrected from the above where obviously the sticky crunchy kicked in half way into writing it)

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

If the weed don't crunch, it's wet, or sprayed with oils. Baffled how many people don't even know the distinct dampened crunch of cured, resinous weed. The modern idea of dank is comical. It's pretty easy to tell wet weed from good weed. If your trichs fall off while harvesting you better grab some moisture packs to danken up your dank lol.

C

chelseamac27

If the weed don't crunch, it's wet, or sprayed with oils. Baffled how many people don't even know the distinct dampened crunch of cured, resinous weed. The modern idea of dank is comical. It's pretty easy to tell wet weed from good weed. If your trichs fall off while harvesting you better grab some moisture packs to danken up your dank lol.
Any advice on moisture packs? Which ones are best, etc?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Boveda (or integra) 62% is most commonly used. However I have mixed feelings on these because I believe they can absorb some terpenes making the buds less aromatic. I’ve compared same buds in two different jars…one with boveda and one without and I can definitely say the jar without boveda smells best. But if you have over dried buds that need a moisture boost, put a boveda in for the rescue.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Should 3 year old posts be continued? I now feel foolish.

Top Bottom