SUPERCLONING or what-ever you call it

• Thread starter BIGDAMBUD1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

Hey all...I was asked about some things I do to keep my seedlings/veg plants short and stout...I've found a way to use plants here that are normally a bit big for my room size without topping or bending them...or to make a monster girl with vigorous growth...I start this with the first transplanting from seed or clone....we all have them lanky seedlings at one time or the other...they sprout and get that lanky look...some prop um maybe...we all do things differently here...I wait until they show the first or 2nd set of true leaves before first transplant...normally about 3 to 5in tall avg....I germ under small floro's in the beginning....I transplant them to solo cups next, but bury them up to their necks on transplant...I then push them under a Agro-Max 120wt LED @12 to 15in....I'll get up some pics to show this if needed,but I think you get the idea...we all on the same page so far?...you can use a different light... I have...but the LED spectrum has something special here that helps in veg to form a nice thick stalked branchy girl....I got fantastic results using the LED's...any questions so far?...need any pics?...next up is the first Supercloning stage...B

Camdawg

Camdawg

I learned that trick from a friend in high school. I've never gotten any damping off or stem rot but I don't like to really over saturate the medium especially in the beginning aka RED solo cups. If I plant seeds straight into cups as opposed to plugs I leave room from the top line to the top of the cup giving plenty of room to fill around before transplant. When that stem goes under the soil line it starts putting out roots.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I don't think it should be called anything super. I call it filling up or burying I could start saying super burying and see if it catches on

soserthc1

soserthc1

I generally plant seeds in half a cup and keep close to light then when they stretch fill in and keep any plant close to t'5s to led what have you and they should grow out as apposed to up. Plants stretch for light limit the stretch bush the plant

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

I've never heard of super cloning
Do you mean supercroping?
I choose this wording because it is a form of developing root mass on plants from my findings...similar to rooting a cut kinda...but using the main stalk instead...I've searched and found no tech data to compare my findings to...I've done it now with a couple different strains and it caused massive root development on up-pot to flower if done a wk to 10 days or so before the flip...I don't know what the real "Tech" wording should be..but thought I'd share my findings...open a discussion on the matter...it may or may not be a good thing for all weed...but it worked well here with a couple strains...look forward to your input @caregiverken...B

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

On the last plant that I did this to,it saved throwing a nice girl out because she had become a little tall for my liking before flower...with stretch calculations she would be a little beyond my cut-off point of height...instead of whacking the top of the plant to shrink her down to a more desirable size for flower and an even canopy....I went to the soil surface before uppot and trimmed the first 6in or so of the main stalk clean...like taking cuts from the bottom...but cleaning it to the main stalk...leaving nothing...I then uppot and bury this up to the first available node or branching...everywhere branches were removed roots formed....it made for a massive rootball by time the plants were settled in for their first week of flower...it made the plants more stout...rigid...stronger...anybody ever do this?...or heard of it...thanks for chiming in all...B

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Yes I have done it both, with the older plants , and seedlings with no issues.. I recently started using the solo cups to start, and I leave about an inch of space to fill in for the lanky ones.. And also sometimes, I have to bury them even deeper after 1st uppot from the solo cup.... A little bottom trim, or slight lollipop before uppot won't hurt nothing.. You will get more root mass imo..

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I don't think it should be called anything super. I call it filling up or burying I could start saying super burying and see if it catches on
Always a smartass in the crowd somewhere....since Big is too much of a gentleman to tell ya...I will.....if ya don't have anything positive to contribute just hit the fuckin bricks!
Ive seen plenty of peeps who don't bury deep enough when uppotting....I'm sure he has too. He was trying to show how he does it to possibly HELP someone else down the road. Ive done this for years bro...helps in many ways IMO. MGG

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
look Ma, No stretch :)
Chemd123

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Always a smartass in the crowd somewhere....since Big is too much of a gentleman to tell ya...I will.....if ya don't have anything positive to contribute just hit the fuckin bricks!
Ive seen plenty of peeps who don't bury deep enough when uppotting....I'm sure he has too. He was trying to show how he does it to possibly HELP someone else down the road. Ive done this for years bro...helps in many ways IMO. MGG
I hear ya brother MGG.. And agree.. And its only stage one of the process. Your thumbs are to fat for posting Camdawg!.. at least here bro.. DP

Top Bottom