supercloset herb dryer

• Thread starter chefrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chefrey

anybody using these how are they? worth the grand to get one?

T

the lorax

here is a link to one on ebay (Not my listing) . They seem over priced to me, and also on the small side. Even if it is a good size now you will probably out grow it. There are cheaper alternatives like getting a small tent to dry in with fans. Hope this helps.

C

c4NN4daze

LOL, If u have good hands you should have no problem making something similar or better. CD

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
LOL, If u have good hands you should have no problem making something similar or better. CD

I agree!

That seems like a rip off to me, You should build yourself something bigger and better. Much much cheaper too.

I've even seen someone section off a corner of a room with painters plastic, put a couple fans on the ground and that worked exceptional and cost like 12 bucks. (not including the fans he had :) )

T

the lorax

I agree!

That seems like a rip off to me, You should build yourself something bigger and better. Much much cheaper too.

I've even seen someone section off a corner of a room with painters plastic, put a couple fans on the ground and that worked exceptional and cost like 12 bucks. (not including the fans he had :) )

That's a pretty good idea.

F

frostedlove

for 700 bucks you could do ANYTHING.
You could build it for less then 100 tops.
Shit I built a grow cab that was 75 bucks.

That is a huge rip for 700 bucks....

I spent 700 total on my whole grow opt.......

700 just for a dryer////////NOWAY

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i know a guy that will build you one for a grand that also has a shelf with ball jar lids attached with a air hose and exhaust hose ran to each lid. you take a jar of dried bud and screw it onto the suspended lid and a timer pumps fresh air into the jar for 15 min a day automaticlly burping them. it's a simple and genius design.

the one i saw he sold didn't have dry racks in them but i'm sure he would make the ball jar lid racks come out and have screen rack inserts for a few more dollars. they had passive air intake and a carbon scrubber/fan combo at the bottom as well.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
my take on that is you dont want to use a "dryer" in the first place

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

that term is used loosely here motherlode. this cabinet does not have any sort of heating element from what i can tell it's just a controlled enviorment designed to allow you to optomize the space you dry your bud in. this is stealth, cleans the air and stays dark.

personally i would go with a 4 x 4 tent with a dry rack. i have a 4 x 4 i use for moms and a dry rack and after harvest i move moms into the corner of the flower room back on 18/6 with new cuts and use the tent for a week or two to dry in.

you could easilly do this cheaper and better imo

http://www.businesslights.com/valueline-inch-435-cfm-centrifugal-inline-fan-p-2045.html

379.35 (pre shipping but could get it all locally).

that dry net will fit that tent like a glove and it will hold 5lbs of dry bud on it. fan filter exhausting out pulling fresh air in as needed reducing humidity and you got a perfect setup for less then $400 AND the tent and the scrubber could be used for other things when you are not drying.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i cant say that a can 33 will keep 5lbs quiet i had a can 100 running 24/7 recirculating in a room with 5lbs and the the house was still stank but i think that's just from opening and closing the door. drying bud is like presents under the xmas tree you just keep going in and looking at it lol.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
it really is a dryer - it uses wood to suck up moisture and a vent fan as well as a criculating fan to dry your weed

I dry mine hanging in the grow room with the normal venting but just for smell and the weed is on the other side of the room from the passive air intakes

if you put weed in small cabinet like that with the wood and all that air your shit will dry out way too fast

I never put a fan blowing over my buds, just that alone will take a few days off the dry time

but thats just me

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah i agree on no fans. i didnt think about the wood sucking the moisture out. i like the tent setup it's easy to setup and tear down anywhere so you can take your harvest off site if you choose really easy. i would only run that fan/filter in the tent if needed like for humidity reasons. running it all the time would dry it too fast. when i run the can 100 recirculating that's in a empty bedroom that's 12 x 12 and it's in the opposite corner of the room from the 4 ft sq drynet. there is some air movement but minimal. i have good smelling bud dry enough for jars in 5-6 days.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I been thinking of trying a tent soon here myself

5-6 days is right where ya want to be

C

chefrey

I thought it sounded like a rip off, I like the tent Idea but the temp. control was interesting and what about security solid steal with a lock sounded pretty good for my situation too, any thoughts? Also how do you guys trim/dry do you
1. trim buds completly then dry on screens
2. trim buds as much as possible leaving them on the stem then hang to dry
3. dry buds on screens then trim
4. hang buds on stems to dry then trim
5. none of the above
please let me know what you are doing and how it works I have read lots recomending hanging to dry
last thing do you trim before harvest as well or not?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sometimes I hang em sometimes I screen em - but I always trim em up good first

drying/curing is like growing in that its an art itself and everybody does it differently

M

mrdizzle

do not buy that thing, you will be wasting your money, buy a 6in mountain air filter, with a 4in fan, your looking at $250-300 bucks, then buy a cabinet or a grow tent, $100 bucks, so for $300-400 dollars you have a dry box that you could put in your bedroom and wouldnt make your underwear smell

you can throw the fan on a dimmer to, I used to dry like that inside my bedroom, I would have a 5x9ft growlab with a 6in fan and a 8in mountain air filter, I passive intake and would just blow the air into the room and then that air would get sucked back into the tent. it wont dry them out too fast and keeps the smell totally away

the one they are selling uses $15 dollar computer fans and a odorsox filter which works about as good a a glade plug in

dirk d

dirk d

i made something like this, works great. i would highly recommend a dryer if you can afford it. i can hang and dry and separate 4 different strains with no problem. i can extend the dry to about 7 days and my buds have never been nicer. i wouldnt buy the supercloset but i would copy it and make my own. which i did. lol.

M

mrdizzle

I bought a 3'11''x7'11'' grow tent and used to set it up in my bedroom everyharvest to dry 5-8lbs in.

I put a dehum on low inside the room but not into the tent, then I put a 6in fan on a 8inx30in mountain air filter, and exhausted out the tent into the room then the air in the room was sucked back in and so on and so on

didnt have a lick of odor, a main reason why I love mountain air filters

Latest posts

Top Bottom