supercloset or The Caddy ?

• Thread starter lowfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bubz

been hopin you get a response here....im looking into buying a supercloset for stealth my wife is worried about a box sticking out or smelling and they guarentee both those problems solved...anyone have experience with these boxes?

B

Bubz

Anyone use a supercloset on here??...gotta be someone..or any opinions on them?..Im not liking this threads title and may just start a new one with only SuperCloset on it to see if i get any replies

K

kindindy123

u can diy for 1/4 of the price,and better selected equip

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah those deals piss me off - charging you like 3-4 times what you could build it for

I dont think theres many people here who would want to admit they bought one of those

best your gonna get off a 400 would be like maybe 8-10 ounces - but those things are so cramped, unless you know your shit, have it dialed in and a good strain youll most likely get half that

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah man overpriced IMHO. you could buy all that stuff and put it together much cheaper. i understand space limitations but man with 3-4 grand you could put up a really nice 3 or 4k setup i just cant imagine yielding like 1/4 the amount or less with the same investment.

B

Bubz

Any suggestions on how to do that myself?...Im sorry im new to growing and dont wanna seem lazy but im not sure how to go about making one of those things...stealth is a big issue i need which that provides kinda blending in with anything and also guarentee of no smell my first grow was alot of cut corners and pissed my wife off cause it smelled up our place....If i could get some knowledge on how to go about building something like that id really appreciate it...I know it sounds very newbish which i am just kinda overwhelmed and dont know where to begin....Any info would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the honest feedback

Regards,

Bubz

B

Bubz

Very new to this and space, stealth, and smell are my main concerns....I should have around 3-4 grand to play around with in Feb when i plan to make this so all info is much appreciated sorry if i seem lazy i just feel lost in a maze right now and could use some guidance

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Start small. A 250 watt with a small ebb and flow or something. I just made a small ebb for cheap. $40 tops. After a couple grows you'll be answering your own question's. 3-4 grand is a lot of money to waste if you don't know what to do with it. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help.

P.S. See how much those closets are? They probably build those for 300-400 tops.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
get a cab like this (get the 24" deep one)

http://metalcabinetstore.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=35

then get yourself a 400 or 600 watt digital with a cooltube - 1 6" can fan (about 400 cfm and a matching carbon filter

and that will get you started - do some research Im sure there are plans you can find online of somebody who did a diy of this - cervantes has a book of grow room designs - like over 100 examples of setups and how to make shit work

if you buy one of those "turnkey" closets - guess what? you'll have to assemble it yourself anyhow - only difference is it will have all the parts and instructions

you could have 4 - 6 nice trained plants in dirt to start then maybe upgrade to hydro after you get a few grows under your belt

if your gonna succeed at this hobby you need to be able to build basic projects like this anyhow IMO and Id hate to see anybody throw out that kind of dough for one of those

i

D

Dulce

Bro before you spend $1 on equipment you should start researching threads here a little bit 4 or 5 times a week for at least a couple of months. Maybe buy yourself a grow book that covers indoor growing as well. You need to understand ALL the factors that go into growing and they relate to each other. Once you have a basic understanding of the principles involved, then you ask yourself what your ultimate goal is (quality, quantity, ease of use, space available, budget, etc). At that point in time is when you make a decision as to what kinda system you want to buy/ build for yourself. If you have carefully thought it all out I am pretty sure neither of these systems is what you are gonna want.

~D~

B

Bubz

ya had a very successful first grow need to do more research on growroom designs and setups and figure the best way to spend my money for the things i need stealth, serious odor control, and hopefully fit a decent ammount of plants inside to...thanks for your input...ill start checking the DIY part a little more...thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Regards,

Bubz

B

Bubz

not about wasting 3-4 grand...wasent thinking of the DIY forum u have here as im very new...came from a competitor and find this sites info much better so im staying here...appreciate being pointed in right direction and hopefully i can find something that fits my needs in the DIY section

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

DIY Super closet

1x4's Marine plywood and alot of nails n mylar. I drew blueprints the other day of a dream op and priced materials at under 200 dollars. 25x25 grow space with seperate clone and bloom space.:party0033:

B

Bobby Smith

get a cab like this (get the 24" deep one)

http://metalcabinetstore.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=35

then get yourself a 400 or 600 watt digital with a cooltube - 1 6" can fan (about 400 cfm and a matching carbon filter

and that will get you started - do some research Im sure there are plans you can find online of somebody who did a diy of this - cervantes has a book of grow room designs - like over 100 examples of setups and how to make shit work

if you buy one of those "turnkey" closets - guess what? you'll have to assemble it yourself anyhow - only difference is it will have all the parts and instructions

you could have 4 - 6 nice trained plants in dirt to start then maybe upgrade to hydro after you get a few grows under your belt

if your gonna succeed at this hobby you need to be able to build basic projects like this anyhow IMO and Id hate to see anybody throw out that kind of dough for one of those

i

Exacty what he said, and I'd add that anyone I've ever heard of using one said they were absolute pieces of shit, to boot.

They use computer fans which can't keep the cab cool, etc..........you can DIY for 1/4 of the price and upgrade all the materials - it's really a no-brainer.

If that's above your skill level (kinda scary if it is), they sell knockoffs on Craigslist for half the price of the "name brand" stealth closets.

420Gator

420Gator

If u have 3-4 grand to play with just make a stealthy room. spend 500 on a filter/fan and you wont have to worry about smell

reloader

reloader

I have to agree that this is way expensive, I turned a small room in my house into a grow room pretty easily. If I didn't have that available I would have bought a grow tent. You can get a huge 10X!0 for like $600 shipped, or like a 5X5 for around $300. Then you can set it up how you like it. I bet you could have tent , lights and pretty much everything else for around $1000. Look on E-Bay for lights. You can get nice 400 watt hps or 600 watt for under $200 apiece. Plus it is fun picking out all the equipment you want.
At the very least if you own your home you could frame in a small room suitable to what you want a heck of a lot cheaper then those your looking at.

B

Bobby Smith

Pretty sure that the reason the OP would be looking at these units is because stealth is of the utmost importance; ergo, a grow tent or dedicating a room would be out of the question.

Just assuming, but that's the only possible reason I can think of to even think about these units.

Top Bottom