Supercropping after transplant in Hydro

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Grow diary is "6 Strains in the same hydro system" - Under hydro section

The pictures speak for themselves. I have very fast growth rates and never see stress. What you can learn from this is how to maximize space and coverage and the importance of early topping.

Step one is to top your vegging plant before the main stem gets to tall. I usually wait till its about 8 inches from the medium. When you top it you are stopping the main stem from growing strait up. Instead of one, you will have multiple stems coming up as in my pictures.

I started with a 2x4 and 6 plants. I can only grow 6 or else I would have put 8 in there. These plants were vegged for exactly 60 days from SEED. 2 months later this is how big they are. I transplanted to a 4x8 room basically doubling the plants area. You will see 6 plants not only filled the room evenly, but in some cases the branches overlap other plants, and touch the wall and loop back.

I broke a few branches on purpose that were holding the scrog up to high. It had a few humps in it, but with slight pinching and weaving it worked. I actually weaved the branches in the netting to hold them up after breaking them. They were wanting to just lay on the ground so i had to use the scrog to hold them up and down if that makes sense.

Since im hydro, I feel they can handle punishment very well. Also I did not defoliate this time. My first time scrogging I stripped them all except the last node. The grow went well and some of the buds are in the picture below. Yet im hoping by leaving more leafs, I will get more photosynthesis and faster growth rates. As for how rough they looked after I scrogged them, well may the strongest node survive. My thoughts were the 6 plants would figure out how to best supply nutrients to what node. I feel they will want to cover the space efficiently.

The reasons to scrog are as followed

No dead space where buds could have grown
All buds roughly the same size
Keep all buds the same distance from light preventing burn on the top buds
Support for the weight of the buds
Easier than pulling them down or manually stress training them.
Flat canopy

One thing I will point out early, just because theres no nodes in the middle and its split doesnt mean there wont be a center large cola when its done. It still grows somewhat like a tree, just there are multiple large colas that are spaced apart, they just grow into the available area over time.

Hope this helps. If you are an inexperienced grower, dont do this, you will kill your plants lol. Only do this if you have a grow or 2 under your belt. Dont forget to top early!

Topped once
Cutting roots
Transplant
Supercropping after transplant in hydro 4
Scrogged
Broken
One week
Last time
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hump in the middle and thick overall. All nodes above net have pistols already.

Don't forget to defoliate some of the inward larger fan leafs after topping to promote lower growth.

Top Bottom