supercropping

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

what is the latest time i could supercrop i have a lemon skunk plant(1 out of ten) that has grown out of control.would i be able to bend it down to the size of the other plants? they are 2 weeks into 12/12. ill post a pic soon as i can. thanks.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Heck yeah. Pinch and bend away. I do it whenever they need it throughout the entire grow. Unless you have some strain easily triggered to hermi like Love Potion and some others. Aw heck I would probably do it with them too.

C

cheyenne

Is this a seed start plant thats running away from the rest? Take a cutting and flower it in a cabnit...prob a male.

L

l0g1c4l

IMO at this point i would probably bend and tie down rather than pinch or trim.

C

CanadianClassic

you could always tie the plant down with some string too if u don't wanna bend it,one easy way is make holes around the edge of your pot then tie a string from around it to the top branch pull it down then tie it back to the hole u can do that all the way around the pot/plant it works well,You can take a foot off the top ez and can be done over and over! i would say the stress could help cause more resin,but not at 2 weeks probably just slow growth a bit where tieng down wont if u don't bend it to hard Goodluck with the monster im trying to deal with a 5 foot plus hash plant beast i just flipped hehe

H

Hashophile

It works fine and won't slow growth at all. 2 weeks into flower is about when I have to take down the Mendicino Madness plants because they shoot past the others.

D

DaWiz

Is this a seed start plant thats running away from the rest? Take a cutting and flower it in a cabnit...prob a male.

There already in week 2 of flowering i think he knows if their Male or Female!!:boogie:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO! Ya, DW, at least I'd hope he knows by now.

I'm with, uh... was it Tobor? I do it throughout the grow on an 'as needed' basis. Sometimes (ok, every grow it seems) I accidentally supercrop at least one main cola. Sometimes it's worse than that and in those cases surgical tape or duct tape are my weapons of choice, occasionally with additional support from splints.

G

GorillaCloset

How do you bend without breaking the stem?

Do you use duct tape to repair a broken stem??

F

farmerjohn

One form of super cropping involves taking the top colas & using two hands, twist both ways. The idea is to break down the inner part of the stem without breaking the entire stem off. The material above the twist should lay horizontally. It will recover & continue to grow, but while it is, the plant will send signals to other bud tops that something is wrong & that they should race to take a predominate position on the plant.:mysterymachine:

While working in the flowering room last night, I took a few minutes to inspect all the plants that are three weeks or less into flower. I ended up super cropping about 75% of them. I should have some answers in a few weeks, as to the effectiveness of this technique. The run prior, I did not super crop any plants. Now, well into week seven, I am afraid to touch any of the top buds. Instead I am cutting off any fan leaves that are blocking light to lower buds, in an attempt to beef them up, prior to harvest. I will have an answer on that one too, within two weeks time.
:harvest::harvest::harvest:

devious d

devious d

yes seamaiden duct tape and lolly sticks for repairs, pinch then over so the lead bud points downwards or in some cases 3-4-5 surprising how hardy these plants can be at first i thought id kill them, but now know thats very hard to do, i also tie to the top of the pot with string , i have limited height and you can get surprised by the strech,

F

fuzzy

There are a lot of different ways to tie down or bend.For years now ive been using fishing weights tied to a string or hook.All you have to do is find the right size weight and hook around the stem(like xmas ornament)close to the top and it will bend over even w/other shoots coming from bottom.Bend it,then let grow and repeat.No cutting,No tieing,just keep moving it up as it grows and you will have more side branches then you know what to do with,Peace,fuzzy

D

Dan K

i do it the entire grow as needed to keep everything controlled and as even as possible... i also use reflective tape, the same used for duct work, to repair broken stems...

C

Crom1904

I actually just super cropped some of my plants today i just pinched the stem and bent it over a lil bit until i heard and felt a little tiny tare ...i made sure not to crack it all the way through so its should be growing horizontally soon=)

H

Hashophile

I actually just super cropped some of my plants today i just pinched the stem and bent it over a lil bit until i heard and felt a little tiny tare ...i made sure not to crack it all the way through so its should be growing horizontally soon=)
Sometimes this is actually a problem. If you dn't break it enough sometimes it will just go back to what it was doing before. It will literally straighten out completely and you will be looking round thinking "I swear I broke a couple branches down".

Bend em good and bend em once. Do it wrong and you have to do it again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom