SuperQuilt for insulation?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

Im planning a new grow room but dont want to put up with the fuss of mounting insualtion boards, so in researching I came across "SuperQuilt" which is a type of thick foil padded with insualtion wool.
ybs_insulation_super_quilt.jpg

http://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/...multi-layer-foil-insulation-1500mm-x-10m.html

Has anybody used this? Id very much like some opinions before I make the purchase.

hiboy

hiboy

Havent used it,
when u say insulation board do you mean drwyall or soundboard, or insulation in the wall.
Drywall or even better mildew resistant greenboard is a must. For air temps to maintain, keep out light, and unwanted pests
hb

forknowledge

forknowledge

Insulation for mounting on the walls for those FLIR cams.
So does the greenboard contain chemicals?

hiboy

hiboy

Insulation for mounting on the walls for those FLIR cams.
So does the greenboard contain chemicals?
Doubt its any more or less than drywall, but painted it will be concealed. What doesnt contain chems..lol
hb

forknowledge

forknowledge

Ha true say hiboy.
Im still going back & forth the type of insulation to use. I think Ill have to go back to the drawing board.
Thanks for helping out.

hiboy

hiboy

Ha true say hiboy.
Im still going back & forth the type of insulation to use. I think Ill have to go back to the drawing board.
Thanks for helping out.
Last or actually 2 grow room builds ago i used insulation in the walls, soundboard and then drywall to sound proof it and help keep the temps consistent. Worked well, i could still here voices inside but couldnt make out what was being said. Like u said, planplanplan and think it thru, always better than doing it over or being unhappy
hb

S

seebobsled

If sound control look at loaded vinyl pannels with taped seams. That is what a sound engineer said was best to isolate sound and a side benefit odor control. If sound don't leak smell wouldn't ether.

Top Bottom