Supersoil Question On Prep

• Thread starter Highkev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ahh nice. Yeah I wish I had an area like that. We are kind of out in the open so there's no real privacy in our yard to speak of. Oh well.

It will be a ton of work to clear and i think i want a system to cover them up. With everything happening im never getting to it this year.

Other idea is to build a greenhouse. That will take longer yet.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It will be a ton of work to clear and i think i want a system to cover them up. With everything happening im never getting to it this year.

Other idea is to build a greenhouse. That will take longer yet.

Yeah I was thinking about a small greenhouse I can build on our raised deck. That would at least keep the neighbors from being able to see the plants. Prolly won’t get to it this year either. Ahh well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I was thinking about a small greenhouse I can build on our raised deck. That would at least keep the neighbors from being able to see the plants. Prolly won’t get to it this year either. Ahh well.

I have seen wooden sided structures built for plants on decks around here. From the original medical rules. Open tops but cant see plants from any angle. A guy i know has a corregated steel building with open roof and clear corregated plastic panels on top until they get over 10” I think. There is more to it for weather protection. They have 4 family gardens with railroad ties around the beds.

Lots of good ideas for discreet outdoor in Michigan.

I have seen 14” plants flowering out of that building. The old men had NYPD cuttings they grew for 20 years. Delicious potent stuff i guess they ordered from Nirvana back in the day and kept the best plant.

H

Highkev

Ok so I decided to start a compost? So I can make supersoil. I plan on making it for a couple different friends. And will need to fill about 120 5 gallon pots And will need to make more every 3-4 months. What is a good way to do this?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have close neighbors in my subdivision too but the wooded area next to my house is obscured.
i had same thing here when i first got here,folks next door were quiet and never came from house that i could see,3 months later house goes up for sale,hell ya i said,so made me a little plot right on tree line,built a 8ft brush pile around it,for unwanted pest like humans,anyway,planted 3 difrent times,rabbits kept eating my babies,so i decided to grow them indoors ,transplant and harden off,had a beauty of a plant right at 16in tall,took it down there transplanted,all good im thinking,went about a month no problems,then bamm house was sold,folks moved in it the following month,plant is about 3ft tall right,so im thinking can i get this plant finished,i be jhon wayne brown if the dude didnt come out and not only drop a tree on my plant but cleared the whole fence line and more,hahahah some luck right,so use caution and hide it well

H

Highkev

i had same thing here when i first got here,folks next door were quiet and never came from house that i could see,3 months later house goes up for sale,hell ya i said,so made me a little plot right on tree line,built a 8ft brush pile around it,for unwanted pest like humans,anyway,planted 3 difrent times,rabbits kept eating my babies,so i decided to grow them indoors ,transplant and harden off,had a beauty of a plant right at 16in tall,took it down there transplanted,all good im thinking,went about a month no problems,then bamm house was sold,folks moved in it the following month,plant is about 3ft tall right,so im thinking can i get this plant finished,i be jhon wayne brown if the dude didnt come out and not only drop a tree on my plant but cleared the whole fence line and more,hahahah some luck right,so use caution and hide it well
I bet if u make a batch of Diesels (mace) and put it in a bottle with a small hole in the top so it slowly releases smell the rabbits won’t go near it

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok so I decided to start a compost? So I can make supersoil. I plan on making it for a couple different friends. And will need to fill about 120 5 gallon pots And will need to make more every 3-4 months. What is a good way to do this?
you can make your soil without compost,i use the compost for feed to the plants and microbes and extreme weather we have,my compost piles are turned every 2 weeks first couple month,then they sit,as i add i turn it in,i have seen folks that have little horse stalls that they turned to compost,3 difrent stalls and they rotate the piles as they start new piles,to much damn work for me,i put bokashi and a little more Em1 on the pile and let it do the work.
if your gonna build soil for you and friends,better have space outside to do so or you will windup with a bunch of cans all over your property,i get scorned all the time by the old hen about this,but me my main goal these days is to keep her irratated keeps her blood a moving if you dig ahahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I bet if u make a batch of Diesels (mace) and put it in a bottle with a small hole in the top so it slowly releases smell the rabbits won’t go near it
they just want them as seedling,fresh growth they love,only time ive seen them is when we luck out and get some rain,i got turkeys,fox,coon ,possums,well scratch the possum,he made a mistake and hissed at me,he gone,lmao then i have 45 deer i feed,usally 25 at a time,they my kids,4 eat from me and mama hands,my whole yard has sections i fenced to keep um out,we got a understanding,they stay out my gardens ,i feed them,trick to fencing off deer is simple,put totes on the other side close were you think they would land if they jump the fence,they have jumped my 10ft tall fence at the bottom garden,when i built my rasied beds,i put them 4ft from fence around edges of garden,never happen again just saying,up top same thing in container garden,fence is 4 ft tall and totes 4 ft from fence,they can jump like nobody bizz,but the landing decides if they do

H

Highkev

So I stopped at the local hydroponic/grow shop. Looking to get some super soil amendments to mix up and they told me I would get half the weight if I go organic? I thought going super soil method would get more weight? Any opinions? I can’t take a half cut in weight?

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

i use the winter to my advantage,when it frezze,i spread it all out on a tarp about a inch thick and let it kill off any larvae that might be there,your can has to have a few holes in bottom to filter air threw the soil,when i turn my soil i add a little oatmeal in layers as i refill the can,i also use Em1 to feed on the compost in the mix ,all good stuff,as far as a recipe,keep 1:1:1 and your all good,the amends is were it at,but start with ideal measure of your soil compost and air products,coots has a pretty good mix,i dont like it cause it is mainly peat moss base,pro mix is peat moss also,i just dont like either cause it turns to mush after a year and my base plan is to keep it live and fluffy,same with perlite,dont like it forms into hard balls and just degrades as does the peat,folks say dont use wood chips cause it hold nutes,yes it does,but in turn for me that is less feeding and water from the moisture and stored nutes in them,anyway that how i roll ,i got 2 gardens at the moment and planting my third today,i dont have time to pamper my weed along with my gardens,kiddie playground wood chips is the happening for me and in 4 months of triple digit weather the chips are my savior
Are you in the ground or in pots? How thick is your wood chip layer, I’ll be experiencing those same triple digit temps this summer.

Top Bottom